Fair or Unfair?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L3G1TGAM3R

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

I was checking my email and I saw that I had a case in the tribunal. I looked at it and it was a game where it was a 4 party team and they were trolling me the whole game. They would basically follow me and copy everything I did. I.E. flash when I would flash, ignite when I would, etc. I realized that they didn't care about the outcome of the game, so I just did whatever I wanted. I didn't feed, I just played for fun. To get to the point, 4 of them reported me and I wanted to know if this is fair, because if it is, then I will just get a party of 4 and report the one lonely guy we get paired with.....see? It's unfair...Thank God it was just a warning, but I want your opinion if that is fair. Thanks!

Arrietti

09-20-2012

can you post your card?

L3G1TGAM3R

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Here is the card: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5670004/
I will admit I did use foul language but so did they, and also I am so glad that I didn't get banned. It is the first game btw. Also (sorry I keep adding :/) in champ select I chose mid and then I locked and all of a sudden someone else picks mid and gets upset with me. Not sure what the enemy meant by "gave up from the start" lol.

Arrietti

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3G1TGAM3R View Post
Regarding tribunal, it often does not matter who started it, if you start raging/returning a negative attitude you will most likely earn a guilty verdict.

The fact that you said F*gs, in all chat no less in thie first game, usually earns an insta punish. In fact, you used this slur in all 3 of the cases reported. You should be happy a Red didnt see your case and escalate your punishment further.

Yes, I think a warning is fair in this case.

L3G1TGAM3R

09-20-2012

Just quick question. If people get offended by foul language then why don't they turn filter on? Not sure why people have it on if it offends them. Do you know where I'm coming from?

Arrietti

09-20-2012

I do, but that is addressed in the tribunal FAQs

16.Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?

Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.

Certain language is just not acceptable, regardless. Most put sexual orientation slurs in that category. Our community is better than that.

L3G1TGAM3R

09-20-2012

Ok thanks so much!

Coach From L4D2

09-20-2012

I felt kind of sorry for you in game 1....but the filter is no excuse for your rants in game 2 and 3. You got off with a warning. Personally I'd learn from that because I've seen players get banned for A LOT less than your last 2 games.

LittleDi

09-20-2012

Taking a look at the reform card now:

Game 1: REALLY PRAY THAT RIOT LOOKS AT THE OTHER FOUR TEAM MEMBERS!

Quote:
Nasus [All][00:06:24] :this is my 1st game
Nasus [All][00:06:32] :im borrowing my friends acct
Please note this is not the OP of this thread. The following is:
Quote:
Kennen [All][00:18:58] :****
Strike 1 sir.
game 2:
Quote:
Irelia[00:01:57] :cant win with *******
Trigger word aquired...

L3G1TGAM3R

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach From L4D2 View Post
I felt kind of sorry for you in game 1....but the filter is no excuse for your rants in game 2 and 3. You got off with a warning. Personally I'd learn from that because I've seen players get banned for A LOT less than your last 2 games.
I do agree with what you are saying. Game 2 was very bad on my part. In Game 3, I was actually trying to be the positive one, like trying to give a morale boost, but the Alistar in the game kept doing ridiculous things and...well...you saw the rest.