Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I cannot play Dominion anymore...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reikken

09-20-2012

yeah
ping a lot when a second guy shows up and you think you might not be able to handle it, and say something to accompany the ping(s) if you have time. Also yeah, revive helps a lot

Iktheq

09-21-2012

I'm having some difficulty in... well... it's so very repetitive. Everyone plays one of 20 heroes... There's no attempt at doing something new or different. Just do what works best, always. Fine, in a logical sense. But I've stopped having fun. Having the right hero seems to destroy the skill ratio. That disturbs me.

SuperQuackDuck

09-21-2012

Unfortunately the po-mo dictum of "everything is viable" is a load of bull pretty much everywhere, assuming equal skill. Part of winning includes champion selection and team comp. You should not be winning with melee dps champs against a good team comp with malph in it. The "game" actually starts before you play it.

Im sure LoL has enough champs for you to explore different roles in a team..

Infirc

09-21-2012

same advise: Revive is a really decent choice for those "nobody will come bot" moments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNpgPG_J1yU

Quote:
Iktheq:
I'm having some difficulty in... well... it's so very repetitive. Everyone plays one of 20 heroes... There's no attempt at doing something new or different. Just do what works best, always. Fine, in a logical sense. But I've stopped having fun. Having the right hero seems to destroy the skill ratio. That disturbs me.

The VIable Dominion pool is actually larger than the summonner's rift one, while the Op Pool conist of 8 champions, if Trynda, Sion, Yi and Fiora is are inside of 20 champions you mention then your team has failed to explore options like Lulu, Malphite, Janna, Brand, Cassiopea or Ryze or played them properly.

Iktheq

09-21-2012

Then I suppose it is simply a reality I must acquiesce to. Thank you for your input.

Fabs457

09-21-2012

in blind pick imo the 2 roles that get heavily unappreciated/blamed for everything... 1) bot laner 2) support. If I'm going bot I either take revive (most times) or garrison---if I know I can outzone safely (Jayce makes that life miserable now)

regardless... I understand your frustrations. its just a part of the lot of players who just tunnel the top and completely ignore 3/4 of the rest of the dominion map. a roamer or a person to gank bot I think is an essential role that gets ignored most of the time... like a utilization of having a jungler in early SR elo stages where most teams just go 2 top / 2 bot.

the tanky bruiser/revive is the meta and its most effective. until riot does something about it... people just have to bare with it or employ different strategies. regardless communication is key and communicating with your teammates is important... even though most players (in blind) are afraid to talk if its not for flaming/raging/blaming others.

FOODFOOD

09-21-2012

I've been seeing that a lot lately too. It seems like people try to take top, fail, try again, fail, then KEEP TRYING. It didn't work the last two times, why the heck will it work this time?

Fabs457

09-21-2012

Quote:
FOODFOOD:
I've been seeing that a lot lately too. It seems like people try to take top, fail, try again, fail, then KEEP TRYING. It didn't work the last two times, why the heck will it work this time?

Yup, and of course they'll take turns blaming bot for being unable to hold while being ganked at his/her tower by 1-2+ ppl. who can now roam from top.

SpiderParadox

09-21-2012

Quote:
FOODFOOD:

The worst is when you're playing bot and you get ganked by 1 or 2 enemy champs while all four of your team tries to take top and FAILS (or even worse takes top and immediately gets squashed by a revived champion.)

SmokeyMcPot1

09-21-2012

Quote:
FOODFOOD:

Omg, I hate it when people can't get top and they just continue to try to get it and lose us the game. Like... PEOPLE! DON'T YOU SEE THE POINTS GOING DOWN? CAP SOME POINTS! Go to their mid, gank bot... DO SOMETHING!