I cannot play Dominion anymore...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halos of Fire

09-20-2012

The people I play with are beginning to really get to me.

I've played over 1200 games of Dominion, and about 9/10 games I'll play bottom lane. I tend to do fairly well, which usually causes me to deal with a second, or even third person from the other team. Well we all have those games where we don't do so hot, simply being outplayed by another player(s). Recently, though I've not been doing so well on bottom lane by myself. That doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is that the 4 other people on my team will all stay on top turret the whole game, then ***** about how bad I'm doing on bottom lane, not that any of them ever see that I'm dealing with 2-3 people at a time. Even then they can't hold top, they all end up dying. Then ONE person, if that many, will come help bottom, AFTER I'm dead or in the process of dying. Then it's MY fault that our team lost the game because "I constantly needed help". I think I've even been reported, but for what I wouldn't know. The point is, they ***** about me not being pro, all the while not helping me when I request it. And this has been going on for a good while now.

I started playing SR more frequently because at least when I'm getting hit by two or three people I get help from my team. I don't mind getting *****ed at then because if I do then it's because I know I messed up badly. I don't mind getting yelled at, but when something happens that's out of my control, and I do my best to deal with the situation with no help from anywhere, don't tell me I'm the reason our team lost. The reason our team lost is because the other team actually HELPED their teammate when they asked (or even if they didn't ask).

SmokeyMcPot1

09-20-2012

Lolololoololol you mad?

But really, I understand where you're coming from. People are idiots sometimes. Make sure to PING PING PING and make it KNOWN when you need help. It's a team game. If they wanna win, they NEED to help bot sometimes. Simple as that. And with 2-3 bot constantly and you dealing with them, they should have no problem getting/holding top.

Just make sure and let your team know. TYPE IN ALL CAPS IF YOU HAVE TO. Usually works for me! :3

And don't give up hope! There are good teammates out there! )

SuperQuackDuck

09-20-2012

Play draft.

Orphane

09-20-2012

Have you tried running Revive and Garrison?

Halos of Fire

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Have you tried running Revive and Garrison?
Not really. When I do play bottom lane, I usually play an AP or ADC champ, and their masteries don't take a point in Defense anywhere. But I'll give it a try when I play again

BeefJerkyHunter

09-20-2012

Try using Revive then.

SmokeyMcPot1

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halos of Fire View Post
Not really. When I do play bottom lane, I usually play an AP or ADC champ, and their masteries don't take a point in Defense anywhere. But I'll give it a try when I play again

Yesss. You should try running revive! :3

SlasherBag

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halos of Fire View Post
I'm going to assume the rest of your points are going into the utility tree after you're done with offensive. Try throwing the remaining points in the defensive pool so you can be a little beefier and get the improved masteries so your turret at bot can do AoE and you can run really fast after reviving (fast enough to stop a cap on your point if you get ganked).

If you've got 2-3 bot pretty constantly it means you're playing your bot lane right to a point. The next step is to ask for ganks from your own team and to be beefy enough that when the enemy does gank, you can hold out for long enough to get backup (when you ping your ass off to get some ). Playing top, it can be very easy to get tunnel vision, so that annoying noise saying "come help me" can be helpful to your team. As you get better and start playing with better players, half the time you probably won't even have to ping.

Melvear

09-20-2012

revive+mastery for bot is pretty much a requirement. Garrison is good for champs that don't push too well or are very tanky. I like exhaust on champions that duel well and need more cc.

Revive+Garrison and Revive+Exhaust are my combos 99% of the time.

SmokeyMcPot1

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFerric View Post
Playing top, it can be very easy to get tunnel vision, so that annoying noise saying "come help me" can be helpful to your team. As you get better and start playing with better players, half the time you probably won't even have to ping.

Completely agree.