The Sovereign's Citadel (Ask Syndra)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

09-20-2012

Tiny--I mean Syndra--I mean--ergh,

Have you ever given thought to the use of Techmaturgy and how your magic could affect the inner workings of a piece of machinery? I've never seen anything quite like your...hrm...I guess that's another question I should ask...

Really quickly, what would you call your type of magic? After I have a name for it, I will continue my previous query.

-Jay

Emperor Titus

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archoness Syndra View Post
...you're kidding. You're kidding, right? So quick are those who would depose of their newest arrival. I have little time to frolic with aberrations, when I have only just arrived to survey this place. You would be so quick to judge me as a target?
Target? No. More like an opportunity to see what you really are.

Sykper

09-20-2012

Quote:
Greetings to you as well, Godot. The welcome I have received so far is surprising, I must say. Such an odd menagerie of humans...

To answer your question though, yes, in fact. Coffee has been something of a comfort drink to me, though I was rather fond of it even before this citadel became mine. A sizable store lies somewhere deeper in the fortress, though many of the blends have been somewhat off. Those of the darker variety though...yes, they appeal to me to no end.
Godot expressed a bold smile, finally a champion who actually genuinely likes coffee for not just its energy. And the thought of new dark blends is hard to resist-

"Ha, that is good to hear. It'll be my pleasure to serve a refined dark coffee that you might find...more than adequate for your palette. That is if you do not mind Lady Sovereign."

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

09-20-2012

Karma's voice was laden with sorrow, as she asked Syndra a question.

Why, Syndra?

Archoness Syndra

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
I suppose you could say that, Sovereign. However, I am more machine than man at the moment, as only 12.64% of my former flesh remains. In fact, I still posses an external layer of skin tissue that has been magically treated to not rot and fester due to my unique alterations. Were I to remove my current garments, the only sign that I had even undergone such heavy augmentation would be the scars running about at strategic points upon the visible flesh.

But I digress. It is refreshing to have one more who does not outright accuse me of being a monster, a soulless machine, a pathetic toy, or even a madman. I have a certain code of conduct I follow, despite my Zaunite heritage, and I can very much be a pleasantly sociable individual when necessary.

Having said all that, however, as your power seems to be centered around the manipulation of gravitational force, I must inquire: What is your opinion of my Gravity Field?
Where some see a maniacal wind-up toy soldier, I see a fellow pariah of society, an individual that nobody cares to consider due to simply being different from the status quo. It disgusts me, seeing those who are cast out for simply showing their talents or living their life. I have no quarrel with you, Herald, simply because I believe we are able to relate.

Your Gravity Field device interests me, as does the whole of techmaturgy. So many strange sights this world yields, yet Ionia remains as backwards and self-righteous as ever. To see what many consider magic of the highest caliber, you deploy without effort. In a sense, such a thing feels wrong to me. Were this to be spread about the folk of the world, then to be powerful would to be commonplace. Your techmaturgical 'evolution' bears similarly to me; it would seemingly eliminate aspects of being unique, form a society where all are the same. At the same time, such advancements are an extension of your own skill and intelligence; by developing these tools, you are flexing your talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious
Your sense of humor is better than I expected. After all, you self-professed tyrants are usually so severe.

But your reply drums up a unique question: What other shapes can you make? Rhomboids? Parallelograms? Scale replicas of yourself?
Tsk, 'tyrant' is perhaps too harsh a term. I do not seek to bring the world under my heel, to reign with terror over all life as we know it. No, such a dream would be so insipid. I simply seek to bring about peace through power. And if Ionia is made to pay for their betrayals, then I will not complain.

Crafting shapes for my spheres is merely a diversion in many cases. Whether a cube, a dodecahedron, or even a flat plane, the properties of my spells are not changed. I believe your...scientists, I believe is the term, would title it 'dark matter'. Once it is created by my magic, it is mine to command as I see fit. I've not yet attempted a body replica, though the idea of forging a dark matter avatar is certainly alluring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmig
A charmer? I didn't realize complimenting a beautiful lady made me a charmer. HehTell me, do you have servants in your castle?
Servants? No, the castle is quite self-sufficient. If there is some task that must be carried out, then I do so myself. A number of aspects have been enchanted to be automated. The fires throughout the castle remain lit, the lights are never extinguished, etc. I've no need for servants, for they may serve as a hindrance. Besides, there are none I would trust to do so, as their fear of me would likely end in assassination attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mad Chemist
Would you be interested on increasing the limits of your magical power trough potions?
What is your opinion of Zaun and his denizens?
-Signed Singed.
I am not quite familiar with alchemy, Chemist, so I would need to see the extent of your wares before coming to a decision. At the same time, I must be wary. An alchemist could just as easily become a poisoner, and one would never know otherwise until it is too late.

Zaun intrigues me, certainly. So few restrictions exist on the aspiring peoples, and a general acceptance of even the most...ethically-challenged. It is comforting to see such a bastion of acceptance, though I cannot doubt that it is also something of a dangerous place. Power politicking is likely to claim many aspiring individuals before their brilliance can be realized. Other than this, I feel no ill will towards your city-state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Malzaharr
"The void cannot share it's powers to those who have no faith in it, especially people like you.

But nonetheless, what do you think of becoming after reaching the limit of your powers ?"
Rather strange, how so many individuals would seem to be infused with the Void's power already. I hardly believe that all are true believers as well. Regardless, I'll manage at some point.

I have yet to consider this much, as I have yet to find an upper limit to my powers. I am still somewhat 'recovering' from the inhibition employed by my deceased mentor, so I am unsure when the height of power will be reached. Once there though, I believe I will make it my business to branch out into other fields of magic, if I have yet to find the opportune moment to lay Ionia to waste. My dark matter magics would be most interesting were they to meld with the powers of the Void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy
Tiny--I mean Syndra--I mean--ergh,

Have you ever given thought to the use of Techmaturgy and how your magic could affect the inner workings of a piece of machinery? I've never seen anything quite like your...hrm...I guess that's another question I should ask...

Really quickly, what would you call your type of magic? After I have a name for it, I will continue my previous query.

-Jay
...tiny? Would this happen to be about my feet? Ugh. Just another cross I bear, and have borne since childhood.

The odd machines that you call techmaturgy certainly interest me, though many of them bear a similar design. The spark of magical energy that fuels them can be snuffed out as easily as a human life, though the machines themselves are far easier to disassemble. Were I to analyze the layouts of these techmaturgical machines, I dare say it would be a simple matter to deactivate them through tampering with their internal...pieces.

I am unsure of the exact term to describe the manipulation of dark matter, for it is an ancient, oftentimes forbidden magic. Theoretically, it could do far more than simply decimate. With sufficient control, one could likely manipulate far more, even create. At the moment, however, I am rather partial to the gravity manipulations that seem ingrained in the art. It has uses, both practical and otherwise. It has served me well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi the Great
Target? No. More like an opportunity to see what you really are.
I would have expected even an aberration such as yourself to have a shred of courtesy. Alas, what was a pleasantly surprising welcome to the League becomes marred with a thinly veiled attempt to strike down the Sovereign on arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper
Godot expressed a bold smile, finally a champion who actually genuinely likes coffee for not just its energy. And the thought of new dark blends is hard to resist-

"Ha, that is good to hear. It'll be my pleasure to serve a refined dark coffee that you might find...more than adequate for your palette. That is if you do not mind Lady Sovereign."
Judging by your countenance and the mug in your hand, you are obviously someone who knows coffee well. How could I possibly refuse such an offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Karma
Karma's voice was laden with sorrow, as she asked Syndra a question.

Why, Syndra?
Why? You claim enlightenment, yet you have the gall to ask why? Ionia forged me into what you see this day. Here I stand forged in the flames of fear and prejudice, hammered and shaped by false tales and misleading half-truths, and tempered in sorrow and betrayal. What has Ionia called me since my departure from your sad hegemony? Traitor? Abomination? I expect I have been demonized in one way or another. I have lost everything, and yet not a care in the world could ever be floated my way. After all that you as a people did to me, you left me alone in this world, alone without hope. Perhaps when I have had my way with Ionia, the lot of you will understand my pain, my sorrow.

Heil Teemo

09-20-2012

Quote:
Tsk, 'tyrant' is perhaps too harsh a term. I do not seek to bring the world under my heel, to reign with terror over all life as we know it. No, such a dream would be so insipid. I simply seek to bring about peace through power. And if Ionia is made to pay for their betrayals, then I will not complain.

Crafting shapes for my spheres is merely a diversion in many cases. Whether a cube, a dodecahedron, or even a flat plane, the properties of my spells are not changed. I believe your...scientists, I believe is the term, would title it 'dark matter'. Once it is created by my magic, it is mine to command as I see fit. I've not yet attempted a body replica, though the idea of forging a dark matter avatar is certainly alluring.
My apologies. I don't seek to get off on the wrong foot, though that's often how my introductions go regardless. I'll just stick with "sovereign", as it's what you call yourself.

Or perhaps I can address you by your name?

Syndra. The idea of making a duplicate of yourself out of "dark matter" is rather intriguing, is it not? I also know that you're quite the dancer, as some of the local tabloids have been focusing on your sway more than your combat prowess. You should see if can sculpt yourself out of dark matter wearing a bikini. I imagine that would be a far more compelling distraction than a sphere.

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd

09-20-2012

Do not subject the victims of your so called "justice" to more of your haste-witted truths Syndra, you should know as well as i that it was your own impertinence that caused your misfortune, had you but the patience and understanding we tried to teach you, all of this...

She gestures toward a huge crater in Ionia, a single grave on a cliff overlooking it

...Would never have come to pass, the pain and sorrow you partake in was caused by your own hands, know this Syndra, that your titles and sorrow you have suffered are wholly deserved.

She turns away, tears in her eyes.

Ask the Herald

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask KarmÓ View Post
Do not subject the victims of your so called "justice" to more of your haste-witted truths Syndra, you should know as well as i that it was your own impertinence that caused your misfortune, had you but the patience and understanding we tried to teach you, all of this...

She gestures toward a huge crater in Ionia, a single grave on a cliff overlooking it

...Would never have come to pass, the pain and sorrow you partake in was caused by your own hands, know this Syndra, that your titles and sorrow you have suffered are wholly deserved.

She turns away, tears in her eyes.
Oppressing an individual and trying in vain to dampen the great power they possess which you have come to fear is a rather ineffective way to teach what you preach, Enlightened One. When a society attempts to force their ways and ideals upon one who has the potential to be far beyond them, violence is the least of what you can expect.

We of Zaun have a saying: "Results are reflected by the manner in which experimentation is performed, if done poorly then you should expect poor results."

AskUdyr

09-20-2012

Quote:
Why? You claim enlightenment, yet you have the gall to ask why? Ionia forged me into what you see this day. Here I stand forged in the flames of fear and prejudice, hammered and shaped by false tales and misleading half-truths, and tempered in sorrow and betrayal. What has Ionia called me since my departure from your sad hegemony? Traitor? Abomination? I expect I have been demonized in one way or another. I have lost everything, and yet not a care in the world could ever be floated my way. After all that you as a people did to me, you left me alone in this world, alone without hope. Perhaps when I have had my way with Ionia, the lot of you will understand my pain, my sorrow.
Udyr stroked his chin upon this response. His lips broke out into a thin smile, silently chuckling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Oppressing an individual and trying in vain to dampen the great power they possess which you have come to fear is a rather ineffective way to teach what you preach, Enlightened One. When a society attempts to force their ways and ideals upon one who has the potential to be far beyond them, violence is the least of what you can expect.

We of Zaun have a saying: "Results are reflected by the manner in which experimentation is performed, if done poorly then you should expect poor results."
Udyr could not hold it in. Bursting out in obnoxious laughter. the beast man's deep voice rumbled and echoed through hill and dale. He was genuinely laughing.

SuperMan Pix

09-20-2012

HELLLLOOOOOO!!!!

*Lulu appears out of no where and smiles widely at Syndra*

so!!! what EXACTLY do you CONTROL with MAGIC!?? it KINDA looks LIKE SHADOWS or VOID thingies!! OO!! OOO!! actually, IS it GRAVITY??? that WOULD KIND of EXPLAIN why those BALLS of yours ARE soooo DENSE!!!!

ALSO what do you think OF MYYYYYYYY Magic??? AND the GLADE??? OOO!! and DO You like BEING a SQUIRREL better? or a CUPCAKE?