Queue dodge abuse warnings and suspensions issued

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apolloxp

09-20-2012

What is the purpose of giving 5+ min waiting time as penalty, if banning is the actual penalty of queue dodging?

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

meh, sent in a support ticket.

MMEGATRON

09-20-2012

is this only for ranked? or normals too?

theshim

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolloxp View Post
What is the purpose of giving 5+ min waiting time as penalty, if banning is the actual penalty of queue dodging?
I know this question is going to be asked over and over and over again, but I'm going to try to answer it once in the hopes that some people might read it.

The sweep targeted the worst of the worst of the worst. Not people who end up in queue with a couple AFKs. Not people who get stuck in queue with "mid or i feed". Not people who don't want to play the game with lastpick who rages that he's top and picks it after someone else already has and takes revive/ghost.

These are people who consistently, over and over and over, far beyond the norm, many standard deviations away, dodge or force dodges in games. People who spend their time trolling people in champ select. People who go out of their way to screw with people and use champ select as a tool to bully, harass, and troll other players.

While it is possible there might - might - be a false positive or two in there, keep in mind that there were none found in the last sweep of this nature, and the very way in which the abusers are singled out means it's unbelievably hard to end up among them.

Please don't get confused and think people are being punished because they don't want to play with trolls. That's simply not what's happening here.

Kr1sys

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
The analysis did include Dominion and did not include ARAM. We recognize that people frequently dodge ARAM champ selects when they don't get a champion they like but we don't feel that this is the right way to address that problem. This is aimed at matchmade game modes that generally have a more involved process during champion select.
So are we going to get ARAM into matchmaking any time soon? I could even go for it even if it didn't award FWotD. I just want to be matched up and not deal with dodgers. All Random Except Me has to go.

Datastream117

09-20-2012

So will riot implementing any sort of kick system in lobby to keep toxic players from creating a frustrating game? Or will it just be accepted that everyone will dodge now and then and just give everyone x dodges per day/week/month?

powahless

09-20-2012

i don't see how i make other people q dodge

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

@Yegg:

Can you tell us what the threshhold is atleast? I know that 1-2 dodges won't get us punished, but...well...

Look at this screenshot. This is the 3rd game in a row I had queud up. The previous 2 were just as bad. One of them being a Ranked, which is even worse.

I know why you want to punish frequent dodgers. But can you please address the reason why people dodge? If it were up to me, I would never dodge unless it's a real life emergency. But situations like the one I took a snapshot of is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too common in solo queue.

It's not even the teamcomp is messed up all the sudden. But the team comp is messed up and one person already proclaimed his intention to troll. Imagine how well that game woulda turned out if the enemy has a perfectly viable team comp and we have a **** comp and a troll to put up with.

cuddly cupcake

09-20-2012

I don't think I've ever dodged a game. People will frequently dodge in my games, but hey that's solo queue. It happens literally every single queue. 'Oh no, someone got Shen.', 'Oh no, someone got Malphite.'

The only thing I can think of is that I often play Lux support, which many people don't like, yet I play it seriously -- according to elobuff.com, I have a 63% win rate on support Lux this week.

I also play a lot of ARAM, but also NEVER dodge that.

So...what gives, Yegg?

Main account -> gotm1lk

Apolloxp

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshim View Post
I know this question is going to be asked over and over and over again, but I'm going to try to answer it once in the hopes that some people might read it.

The sweep targeted the worst of the worst of the worst. Not people who end up in queue with a couple AFKs. Not people who get stuck in queue with "mid or i feed". Not people who don't want to play the game with lastpick who rages that he's top and picks it after someone else already has and takes revive/ghost.

These are people who consistently, over and over and over, far beyond the norm, many standard deviations away, dodge or force dodges in games. People who spend their time trolling people in champ select. People who go out of their way to screw with people and use champ select as a tool to bully, harass, and troll other players.

While it is possible there might - might - be a false positive or two in there, keep in mind that there were none found in the last sweep of this nature, and the very way in which the abusers are singled out means it's unbelievably hard to end up among them.

Please don't get confused and think people are being punished because they don't want to play with trolls. That's simply not what's happening here.
Then again, why punish people with 5+ wait, if they actually might be innocent, and is forced to dodge once in a while?