Update on Dropped Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3BlackK1ng

09-22-2012

If we suspect a player is cheating or is on a team with a cheater is there any way we can report? I was in a match where I assumed an enemy team member used this to kick a few of our team member out of game(cause 3 people dropping at once seems odd..me being one of them).

MasqureMan

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRa View Post
I can understand how Riot wants to find a game patch as a means to resolve this issue to stop people from using their internet to individually packet one another. But let's get real here, the children that are using this 'client' or 'hack' in order to drop people don't even realize what they are doing and how much serious trouble they could get into if Riot would be very proactive legally on this front. Point being, script kiddies using this with zero anonymity simply think they are undetectable and hell, maybe even talented in some cases. People that have any sort of assembly of network security know this is 100% false.

Now I'm sure that each person doing this individually obviously wont drop Riot servers as a whole, however I really don't see why you wouldn't be sending out warnings and let users know that notifying the authorities with continued abuse is a very real repercussion for their actions. The IFCCFBI or now IC3 is a very simple complaint form or hell even local authorities have internet complain centers now. At the VERY LEAST, a formal letter written from the legal team with the identified IP at X time verified by your network engineers/admins sent to the ISP will net some great results and you don't have to go through the entire legal process which lets face it, would cost Riot a lot of money - this would not. And I'm sure one nasty letter from an ISP to their user would freak out some parents and scare the little kids into never touching that client again and Riot would not have to be the face of the accusation - win/win in my book.

DDoS is DDoS, no matter the scale - I think it's a shame if you guys don't punch this problem in the mouth before it becomes out of control and much more difficult to handle down the road.
If you want to get real, you'll realize that the people using this know exactly what they're doing and deserve the consequences.

L0rdLe0n

09-22-2012

i was playing a game ranked summoners rift but a message with attempting to reconnect appeared in the game and the game stopped moving, my internet connection was fine as my brother was playing another game and when i try to reconnect again it appears as the game was finished and didnt even return me to the screen of reconnection. the game just disappeared this happened 5 minutes from now. and i was playing with lee sin and i was winning the game hardcore

Midnight Vesper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

Dear riot, pls no compensation.

Bus

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellissimoh View Post
Featured spectating will be back. As far as a definite time table, I can't really speak to that. Hate to say "soon", but it's likely to be soon.
Please help me. Me and a couple of my friends were in a party, then we started the game and we all accepted the match, there were 4 people we were waiting on to accept, and they didn't and the game froze on that screen for a good 40 seconds or so, then we were sent back to the home screen and when we checked our friends list each member of the party was 'In Queue', even when we were not. We tried reloading our client, and when we got logged back in it sent us to the 'Reconnect to Game' screen, and when we pressed the Reconnect button it turned grey and did absolutely nothing. Now we can't log in without that screen showing up and it's been like this for 2 hours now. I don't want to be stuck in this screen forever, and so far it seems like it's going to be that way. Is it a client problem or a server problem or what?

KennethJT

09-22-2012

You guys are really awesome and all and it's really cool to see that the problem is being addressed and worked on.

I was just wondering if the recent spike in d/c's lately (while not entirely relevant to LoL Drop) are being worked on. My past 3 normal games have all had somebody disconnect, 2 of which couldn't connect to the game in the first place. Having been on both sides of the issue it really sucks to know that there are 4 people out there who have to sit through a loss while you helplessly try to connect and then when the game ends they might think that you just quit. Now I'm not too sour about losing normals but I'm very skeptical on playing ranked right now. I don't know if this is a server issue or something but it'd be nice to get an update if possible.

Again, many thanks for addressing the community and good luck on resolving any future problems!

Messiah Wardark

Recruiter

09-24-2012

I got a DC just now, and everytime I click reconnect it just minimizes and sits down in my taskbar thingy, ive restarted pc and all that I guess its still the servers having issues?

David Hume

09-27-2012

Out of curiousity, what was your plan for dealing with a DDoS timed to coincide with a popular patch?

Dr Black PhD

09-27-2012

I'm down
can't relog

LulzSec

09-27-2012

Servers goin badonkadonk