Update on Dropped Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lusex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady66660 View Post
I took a screenshot of the players in the game to LoLking them to see if any of you had had a huge spike in elo lately, so yeah
Oh lol. Good idea :3

Stephenn

09-20-2012

Why don't you guys just pay the huge fee for ddos protection, it's pocket change for you guys and solves everything

Akov

Network Engineer

09-20-2012
37 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grudge902 View Post
Taking another stab at having this post answered.
Its obviously not my department so its hard to answer "Will there be any compensation" question. I know its in heavy discussion right now trying to figure out the best approach to it. The general feeling is, I *think* something will be done for those directly effected...what that is, I have no idea. Again, not my group, so please don't lord this over me if they decide something different.

MobiIe Ward

09-20-2012

things like these should be posted on as news on the front page. alot of ppl dont read the forums every second of every day. but im glad someone finally said something

DoozleDorf

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akov View Post
Its obviously not my department so its hard to answer "Will there be any compensation" question. I know its in heavy discussion right now trying to figure out the best approach to it. The general feeling is, I *think* something will be done for those directly effected...what that is, I have no idea. Again, not my group, so please don't lord this over me if they decide something different.
Akov,

Do you feel like your current solution is the end-all-be-all, or this a temporary fix while another, more elaborate fix is created and applied?

Thanks for the work on it!!

iDerp Solo

09-20-2012

While I'm still boycotting the game till I see "community issues" handled in a way that I have confidence in, I believe that this thread strikes exactly the right tone for this issue. I look forward to returning to Summoner's Rift at some point.

Vigoor

09-20-2012

Not so sure it worked as it happened to me today (a few hours ago). Was kicked out of the game and was not able to reconnect. I submitted a ticket to support w/ a screenshot right after it happened, not really sure if it helps but yeah >.>

Edit: Strangely enough i did not receive a leave and the fact the game took place isn't even in my history

One Week Ago

09-20-2012

So all this time... It was really DDOS.

Everyone was saying we were just blaming servers/internet issues, but in actuality some person a few miles away in desperate need of some ELO ddos'd everyone.

I really hope you get this issue resolved

Akov

Network Engineer

09-20-2012
38 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoozleDorf View Post
Akov,

Do you feel like your current solution is the end-all-be-all, or this a temporary fix while another, more elaborate fix is created and applied?

Thanks for the work on it!!

There is no fix to ddos, we've made a number of big steps in the last week. But we have a much longer plan that will help a lot. There are more changes coming in the next several patch cycles and even more network changes coming sprinkled in. The job will never be done, and we will always have to adapt...

noglory

09-20-2012

ATTENTION: in my current game the entire game is dropping i am going to assume this is DDoS . please help D: