Counter kassadin mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emmittgator

09-20-2012

Are there any mids that counter him effectively that are ap? My friend plays only kass and veigar and even though I have about 18 ap mids, he counters about every one of them.

I just feel as though I am a better mid but he can beat me every time with kass op. I can win pre 6 but after that I lose. ANY tips?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Close to everyone counter Kass in laning phase.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...executionerken

Read the section two about ap mid.

Edit: Veigar? Go Ryze with Banshee build, watch him failing to kill you with his full burst combo and seeing you turn it around with sustain dps.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

I've heard Sion works, although I haven't had a chance to personally try that matchup. Ryze should do well, and Galio might be a good choice also.

To be fair, I don't know very much about conterpicking, so my advice should be superceded by literally anyone else who responds.

Edit: As Ken says, close to everyone counters him. This is because he's a melee champ, and it's fairly easy to zone him off his farm without exposing yourself to a threat from him.

TeknoWizard

09-20-2012

Fizz wrecks him.

Artifictional

09-20-2012

attack him when he has low mana
DO NOT cast spells near him unless you are going for the kill as this charges his slow
Kassadin has erratic movement patterns, always expect him to close/kill so you wont be taken off gaurd when he does
His auto attack range is low, hit him any time he moves in to last hit a minion
Edit: For whatever reason I confused Force Pulse with Cho's silence cone, I no can brain today I have the dumb

GDrityFive

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaterCircleFour View Post
attack him when he has low mana
DO NOT cast spells near him unless you are going for the kill as this charges his silence
Kassadin has erratic movement patterns, always expect him to close/kill so you wont be taken off gaurd when he does
His auto attack range is low, hit him any time he moves in to last hit a minion

It's fairly hard to attack him when he as low mana, considering his w's passive allows him to be extremely mana durable in lane. I don't even think you know kassadins ablities, because it's not his silence that gets charged, it's his slow. As for a reply to OP, Fizz does counter him extremely well along with sion

etharian

09-20-2012

Haven't tried the counter personally but i hear the odd ad mids counter him. People like talon and panth. And if you're an avid mid player then talons would be a good champ to own as he counters alot of mids generally. Also. I would imagine kennen can do well. High mobility. Stuns that should be easy if he gap closes on you and u don't use mana. Plus a decent poke

lastchancexi

09-20-2012

I think Rumble would hard counter Kass. Shield for tankyness, absolutely dominant early lane phase, kass just can't trade with him. Same with Morde. Just

bob000

09-20-2012

Malzahar, Zilean, Sion and Fizz all beat him in lane.

emmittgator

09-21-2012

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I don't play ryze too much, shoulda tried him vs veigar.

Also, he usually plays up close to his tower as kass where I can get ganked easier, and I can't poke him well with someone like fizz. Then he riftwalks in q for silence and walks away, I can't retaliate because the silence, and get poked this way until I b, or he can kill.

I usually outfarm him but don't kill as much: /