Is paying people to ELO boost your account illegal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dewgy

09-20-2012

Hi I recently come across two people that duo'd and admitted they were doing a elo job to raise someone to gold for money. Of course they were 2.1k people and i am in the low 1k bracket.

It just seemed kind of lame that people are giving others their account to reach gold and then giving a elo loss to players on the losing team playing against people way above their skill level.

I mean it is hurtful to the elo system when people smurf ranked games without paying someone but it seems especially cancerous if people are making money off league of legend to put people to high elo as it seems a team that might of won if the odds were not out of their favour and it must pretty much happen to every team that goes aganist them all the way up to gold... Then of course it screws the people who play ranked in gold when they get their accounts back and they are really 800 elo players.

When I told the person I would ask if it was allowed the person got nervous and back pedaled saying it was his main account and that i was being trolled and then that he was just boosting his smurf and was all over the place.

What exactly are the official rules to elo boosting when you give someone your account to boost? I wrote down their names but there isnt really a report option for this kind of thing so I wanted to check.

Thank you in advance.

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewgy View Post
Hi I recently come across two people that duo'd and admitted they were doing a elo job to raise someone to gold for money. Of course they were 2.1k people and i am in the low 1k bracket.

It just seemed kind of lame that people are giving others their account to reach gold and then giving a elo loss to players on the losing team playing against people way above their skill level.

I mean it is hurtful to the elo system when people smurf ranked games without paying someone but it seems especially cancerous if people are making money off league of legend to put people to high elo as it seems a team that might of won if the odds were not out of their favour and it must pretty much happen to every team that goes aganist them all the way up to gold... Then of course it screws the people who play ranked in gold when they get their accounts back and they are really 800 elo players.

When I told the person I would ask if it was allowed the person got nervous and back pedaled saying it was his main account and that i was being trolled and then that he was just boosting his smurf and was all over the place.

What exactly are the official rules to elo boosting when you give someone your account to boost? I wrote down their names but there isnt really a report option for this kind of thing so I wanted to check.

Thank you in advance.
Paying players to raise your elo could not be anything BUT illegal (Terms of Service always have SOMETHING regarding these issues). As for playing on other people's accounts, I would assume the same situation applies.

Sturmgesch├╝t

09-20-2012

The internet police will take you to cyber jail.

Is it against the ToS? Probably.

Call Me Graves

09-20-2012

pay money-lose elo
repeat.
but i think its illegal.

N4roth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Just email support with the names and they can look into suspicious activity.

tastyfreddy

09-20-2012

Yeah it's against the law, 30+ years in prison for paying for someone to level your account up on a free to play game.

KevinDelMarr

Tailsz

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyfreddy View Post
Yeah it's against the law, 30+ years in prison for paying for someone to level your account up on a free to play game.
Actually I've heard they changed it to 40 and you have to do incredibly humiliating tasks

Fellentier

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvetails View Post
Actually I've heard they changed it to 40 and you have to do incredibly humiliating tasks
Do tell.

Dewgy

09-20-2012

Well obviously i meant illegal in LOL. Illegal aint just a word used to describe the US law. Can be any.