Inclusion of Champ. Select Chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hostesscupcake

09-20-2012

Although this post may be buried among the many other posts in this forum, I would like to bring some more attention towards the possibility of including the Champion Select team chat into the tribunal system. After spectating my friend's game and reading the chat they had written to me over Skype, I strongly believe that it isn't fair that people are getting trolled out of champion select or have to play a game they do not wish to play because of trolls. Summoners who truly want to win or at least try to win should not have the choose between playing with a troll or dodging and waiting to queue again because of the dodge penalty.

It's unfair that people abuse such system to cause others to dodge because of their inability to be a team player and positive influence on the team. In my honest opinion, if anything creates trolls to be trolls, it's champion select. I feel that the tribunal is unjust in the sense that it bans those that "troll" in game but might only have such a negative attitude in-game because of something that might have happened in champion select. In fact, I've heard plenty people tell me that it truly depends who can troll harder in the champion select screen--such logic is truly disappointing.

As with many summoners, I am tired of seeing scumbag summoners ruin ranked games for those of us that truly want to win elo and play a winning game. An example of such behavior is seen here and here. Although, I'm sure many have seen much worse than this scenario. Unfortunately, no one dodged that game and most of all, their attitudes in-game were also negative, thus causing the entire game to just be a total waste of time for those who wanted to gain elo. On various occasions, the teammates said, "I don't expect to win," or, "Nah I'm not even trying to win."

I do not understand how people can get away with ruining the game before it even starts. Most of all, I do not understand why these people even continue queuing for a ranked game if they are not even going to try to win--assuming that no one likes losing. It's unfair that people have to dodge to avoid summoners with this type of attitude and negligence for "team work" or just sportsmanship in general. It's unfair that they deliberately do things that will/would make people dodge and wait in a 10-30 minute penalty because they did not want to play with a giant troll.

So with this argument, please (if you could) include champion select chat into the tribunal system. It is unfair to judge only in-game behavior as champion select is also a place for trolls to begin their terror as well. I have read many posts regarding "trolls" and bans/suspensions in regards to their negative attitudes and I truly do feel that negative attitudes in champion select should be a considering fact to banning or suspending an account. Needless to say, I am quite sure that if any summoner also had to hear, "Enjoy your elo loss", they would also have a bummed out feeling. It is despicable that people would start a game with the intention of causing loss to others.

I welcome anyone who would like to also support such a change in the tribunal system so justice could truly be served. If such topic has already been brought to the attention of the community, then please consider this post as a supporting vote for including champion select chat into the tribunal system.

AJStarhiker

09-20-2012

This has been a request pretty much since Tribunal was implemented. Part of the problem is that pre/post game chat is a different server or program (can't remember off hand) and there's coding issues with getting it to show in the Tribunal logs.

Praven1

09-20-2012

^^ this

Also, this only slims down false-positives as punishing only gets your case sent to riot who CAN see pre and post game chat. So if someone's case was sent to riot and it turns out they were trolled in pre-game chat, usually they are pardoned unless their behavior still merited punishment.

hostesscupcake

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippindatchocol View Post
^^ this

Also, this only slims down false-positives as punishing only gets your case sent to riot who CAN see pre and post game chat. So if someone's case was sent to riot and it turns out they were trolled in pre-game chat, usually they are pardoned unless their behavior still merited punishment.
Indeed.

However, someone's negative attitude can cause negative behavior in a game. For example, starting a game with a bunch of "trolls" will most likely cause the rest of the team to troll one another. Usually one person won't take all the nonsense and just dodge, but, there are also times where people will not dodge and then continue the game as such.

What I am saying, is that, when there is no dodge, people are forced to play with people who created such a negative ambiance. Personally, I hate starting games with a team that I already hate being on. It is unjust that these people aren't punished for their actions outside of the in-game boundaries.

And if there is a dodge, it's unjust that there is a penalty for those that want to avoid a troll game. Although, I do no think there is much you can do about the penalty though since it is hard to determine why one person dodged.

KittyRawrRawr

09-20-2012

CAn'T CATCH ME HOSTESS!

The Real Axebite

09-20-2012

I too believe that the pre/post game chat should be included. If we are to police ourselves and our community to ensure its overall happiness and stability, we need to know the entirety of the case.