A pregame lobby system for dealing with Trolls/Griefers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThisKing

09-20-2012

How about a reputation system that is viewable in the pregame lobby which can be determine by colors. The way it would work is based on the amount of times you get reported with a per game soft reset plus a time decay. So here's how it would work. We'll go with a color badge that is next to your name during champ select.

f you dont get reported after your game you're in good standing and have a green shield next to your name.

If you've gotten reported by 2-3 players you get a yellow shield this level of rep isn't bad but it isn't good either because you did something that offended a few players but not enough to get even the whole team to report you or the enemy team.

If you've gotten reported by 4-5 players you get an orange shield and this is where it starts getting bad. This means you potentially offended your whole team and even the enemy team got in on the reporting.

Now if you've gotten reported by more than 5 players you get a 30min temp ban and once the temp ban gets lifted when you come back into the game you have an orange shield.

So now you're asking what does this rep thing accomplish well another part of the system is a pre game lobby vote to kick option which should also be added. The way this would work is the team can vote to kick someone if the player troll picks or are being a jerk before the game starts, or if they have an orange shield and the team doesn't want to have this toxic player. If you get kicked you get a 5 min ban. So in case you were actually troll kicked it isn't too much of a penalty but it still accomplishes to get the real trolls off your team.

Also with the Colored shields there is a time decay every 30min you move up a color so incase you had a bad game and everything was going bad for you and people at home were annoying you and you happen to get orange shield after your first game you can wait 30min and you'll be yellow if you keep getting vote kicked.

Sorry for the long read but I feel this is a fair and just plan. Counter arguments?

*I posted this in GD but it's not getting much views or discussion among the silly threads there so I'm hoping it can get some love here on Tribunal which I probably should've posted here first..

Gonzodamus

09-20-2012

The issue that I see is that this is very easily abused. People would immediately vote to ban anyone with a non-green shield, making them unable to play.

This would also affect people reported unfairly. Imagine you have a bad game and several people report you for intentional feeding because they're upset with you. The Tribunal may vote to pardon, but you'd still have that yellow or orange shield.

Now you go into a game with that yellow shield and get insta-kicked. Guess who gets a five minute ban? Come back in five and you jump into the game but your shield color is still orange so bam - five minute ban again.

If duo queued, two trolls could easily make every single player in a game suffer by giving them an orange shield, causing this scenario to happen to eight people who did nothing wrong. This sort of thing is just ripe for abuse.

ThisKing

09-20-2012

The thing is yellow isn't so bad it's pretty much a green you just did something you shouldn't have or got trolled reported by a duo, plus a duo woudn't be able to get you to orange it takes 4 to 5 people to get you at orange level.

Gonzodamus

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisKing View Post
The thing is yellow isn't so bad it's pretty much a green you just did something you shouldn't have or got trolled reported by a duo, plus a duo woudn't be able to get you to orange it takes 4 to 5 people to get you at orange level.
But if you had the opportunity to vote out a yellow so you could get a green instead, would you? I know I'd rather play with a player that hasn't been reported recently

ThisKing

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzodamus View Post
But if you had the opportunity to vote out a yellow so you could get a green instead, would you? I know I'd rather play with a player that hasn't been reported recently
While true maybe if you have a yellow, maybe during pre game lobby the yellow person would be like:

Hey dudes I know im yellow but it's cause I got troll reported by a duo that was bad last game or..

Hey dudes I know im yellow but last game I got mad cause the team was doing bad and we had a feeder so I got a little out of hand.

Say the community doesn't accept nothing but greens this gives even more incentive to not be rude or a troll during games so that you can get into them.