Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blitzcrank---Bait Build...your thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oR BlueWizard

09-28-2010

why tear? he isnt a skill spam machine, if u need mana u have masteries and runes, he dont benefit a lot of the tear, u can go mana items to be ok, banshee + sheen is enough. if u need more go frozen heart

Dark Caller

09-29-2010

Quote:
Carados:
Let's put it this way: You play Blitzcrank better by assuming his passive doesn't exist.

Oh for sure. I wasn't really using this build, more a standard survivability one. This was just the most recent Blitzcrank thread. It's a bit disheartening though when you are going up against Kassadin and Garen and you are silenced for your entire fight.

PhantomOfAres

09-29-2010

For the record, going AP gives you damage up the wazoo for your 2 spells that scale with it. On top of that, you add a lich bane, so when you punch people in the face, your fists are powered with AP goodness. Unlike sheen, lich bane scales with your actual AP, not your base. So, as soon as your AP is above your AD, lich bane does you more good. So you combine stellar damage with your spells with stellar damage with your autoattacks/fist. And the 3 second fist cool down means every fist is going to proc lich bane. Also, your passive lightning strikes, grab, and active ult do that much more damage. So, that's why Blitz AP builds work well.

Duece8282

09-29-2010

I tend to follow this build when playing Blitzcrank: http://leagueoflegendsprobuilds.blogspot.com/2010/09/blitzcrank-supporttank-build.html

I like the idea of baiting them in w/ Blitz... as his true hp is tough to estimate for enemies... but it sounds like your timing would have to be perfect.

Vydelar

09-29-2010

Actually, I came up with something along these lines and posted it 9/25
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=262892
I blatantly ignore all hp items, focusing on the mana. And to BlueWizard, why tear? Why not, it's not like he needs anything nearby to activate his abilities, and it's easy to get 5 charges every time you end up hitting B [E/Q/buy/W/headtolane/E/W]

zAPPzAPP

09-29-2010

Blitz does not really need a lot of mana for his skills.
The mana conversion on his passive is aweful. And it goes on CD... There is no reason to spend money for actively increasing your mana pool. The additional shield hp hp you can gain from this can be bought with a fraction of that price tag by just getting a giants belt. Your belt does not go on CD either.
You will not survive baiting if all you have is a bit more hp with no resist stacking. If you want this, you could just carry heal and flash (to get out of there after baiting). I dont think thats a good idea though.

Vydelar

09-29-2010

I actually went over that on my build that i did zAPPzAPP, suffice to say, it went along the lines of people can't see how much mana you have versus hp, mana gear has better itemization for blitzcrank (compare sunfire versus glacial), and hp is vastly more expensive in it's itemization. Going mass mana with your defense also boosts your survivability versus % based effects, for the mana shield can be very powerful indeed, and outside of a stalemate with both sides falling back then reengaging, there is no reason that your mana shield won't be ready by the time you need it next teamfight.
[10 seconds given for retreating from activation, give another 20-30 seconds of dealing with map issues like unattended lanes, buying items, and check/kill baron, and anywhere from 10-15 seconds to find/be found and engagement/dancing on eggshells. And I am being conservative on these numbers]

Thong Bonerstorm

09-29-2010

Quote:
Sykomyke:
Maybe you misunderstand me. I know that sheen doesn't incorporate the extra damage from manamune.

But it would still be BaseDamage+100%Base(Sheen)+BonusDamage(Manamune). (AND sheen improves mana pool which synergizes with damage).

So yea...care to comment on the build? Or you just here to troll by misinterpreting statements?

I'm not a troll. Trolls flame bait and stuff. I was simply telling you that you were wrong about something.

This build is silly. You can't just stack health on a champion with no defensive items. The largest survivability comes from

Armor = (8% total health) - 100 = MR = (8% total health) - 100

You'd get much better g/hp results from Giant's Belts like someone else said. I understand that you mean to trick someone, but it should only take an opponent one time of getting baited before they look at your build and figure out what you're doing and just ignore you after you blow your combo. They could even just wait until your shield goes away and kill you pretty quickly.

With that said, it's not a bad idea to pick up tear if you are having mana trouble. It'll give you all the mana you need for the entire game and give a gold effective boost to your shield. Anything beyond that would be pretty wasteful.

Greatrabe

09-29-2010

Quote:
CrimsonWolf69:
I might have to try the Archangel/Lichbane style, but I can't see how focusing harder on AP is more beneficial since it only applies to 2 skills that have an arguably low coefficiency, and long-ish cooldowns by comparison. Especially when you can Power Fist every 3 seconds. But I am not one to talk too much before I test so...I will check it out and give my opinion.

On a side note, might be cool to focus Manamune AND Archangel. Can you do that? Hmmm...

I used to play a manamune style Critzcrank, now I'm trying AP style. It should be noted that once lichbane is obtained power fist has a 1:1 AP ratio and if you attack after using another skill they also get an additional 1:1 ratio. If you still want to go AD, crit is the way to go, you can easily smack for over 500 on a powerfist with manamune and a trinity force while maintaining good defense, and if the game goes on long an infinity edge will have you hitting REALLY hard

Thong Bonerstorm

09-29-2010

For added measure:
-Giant's Belt
1110g/430hp = 2.58hp/g

-Tear of the Goddess
995g/(350mana/2) = 5.68hp/g

-Frozen Heart
2775g/(500mana/2) = 5.55hp/g

And this is assume best case scenario where you have full mana, which you wouldn't because you would have used some ability to attack. The ratios get even larger with each percent of mana you lose.