The Problem with Leaving

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Santuse

09-27-2012

Alright so I'm in a game. I forgot to reset my modem in the last 2 hours and so it melts. I must restart it. Fine. When I try to log back into the game, it won't let me. Guess why.

Why is this happening? Because of queue times. imao, those who leave a game should be placed at the beginning of the queue. Do you know how GOD ****ING PAINFUL it is to wait in a queue just because you were disconnected for one minute?

And what riot do about this? They can punish the people for leaving as they have been... or they could use one of a plethora of methods to fix this issue. They could also let someone who owns the same champion play as a surrogate. There are many solutions to the situation of somebody leaving a game or going afk.

However, the fate of the situation lies solely in riot's hands. And if a team of 2 narrowly loses to a team of 3, don't let riot say that they are not responsible for the loss. They could have limited the damage output of the team of 3 to compensate for the team of 2 losing one. Riot could up the damage of the team of 2. And again, a surrogate could play for the absentee.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Please tell me what you think.

Bezx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Pretty sure you can avoid the queue and go straight to the game if you go to Riot Games Folder>League of Legends>RADS>solutions>lol_game_client_sln>release s>current patch folder (the one most recently modified/largest number. They keep two so they can reverse a patch)>deploy>and hit the league of legends application. (ONLY WORKS IF YOU WERE IN A GAME)

Aureline

09-28-2012

Quote:
And what riot do about this? They can punish the people for leaving as they have been... or they could use one of a plethora of methods to fix this issue. They could also let someone who owns the same champion play as a surrogate. There are many solutions to the situation of somebody leaving a game or going afk.
The idea of someone "replacing" a player who has DC'd is a bad one. I understand the purpose to suggesting it, because yes, it is frustrating to DC and leave your team hanging, but think about it this way.

It would invariably lead to teammates jeering someone less skilled and urging them to leave, with the hope and expectation that the surrogate will play better. That is not a positive game environment, and is not an acceptable solution.

And as for being able to queue jump, I don't know about Bezx's solution since it sounds complicated and I'm not a technical person, but yeah. In theory, I think it's a decent idea, but it seems to me to be unnecessary. Again, I don't know a whit about technical stuff, but if there's a host of people trying to jump ahead of the queue due to whatever reason, wouldn't that slow things down for everyone else?

Adding a limited damage output on champions part of a team with more members than the other would be disasterous to gameplay, as well. Think if you were on the other side of that and suddenly a filter was placed on all of your abilities. There is a great potential for abuse in that, as well.

Upping the damage of the team is equally game-breaking, for the same reasons, but flip-flopped. Simply adding or decreasing damage teamwide is not balancing. What if the team with 4 has one person four levels and stacks of gold ahead of everyone else in the game, including the enemy team, who has their full 5? The underleveled jungler could intentionally disconnect, giving the damage boost to that team, and, invariably, the horrendous advantage.

Sorry to sound uber critical. Believe me, I feel your frustration. But these options are troublesome at best.