Ranked vs regular games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Traogen

09-20-2012

Does anyone else think it would be nice to see whether the game is ranked or normal? I personally think that the bar should be higher for ranked games than it is for normal.

aznricepaddy

09-20-2012

No. Just because a game is normal doesn't excuse misbehavior. The Summoner Code applies to the entire game and doesn't express preference for one match over the other. I shouldn't have to deal with flamers on normal who aren't being punished, just as someone in ranked shouldn't have to deal with them.

Mace Wumpus

09-20-2012

I've thought a bit about this and I'm not sure.

On the one hand, yes, it would be nice to know.

On the other hand, what is different? Being a jerk is still being a jerk. Sure, I think the bar is higher (in that they should be avoided more) in ranked for intentionally feeding or for trolling, but I consider the necessary standard of proof for those offenses high enough that at the point where I can say definitively "that person was trolling" it doesn't matter whether it was ranked or not because the guy clearly violated the code regardless.

Gonzodamus

09-20-2012

The one place I could see this being useful is Intentional Feeding, since people are (or at least I hope they are) more likely to try out new champs and strategies in normal over ranked.

That being said, I don't really think it would help out in other cases - might even hurt.