Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Consumables not working properly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

geekaleek

09-22-2010

In a game I was trying to jungle as udyr. I had my potions in the 2nd item slot. when i tried activating the potion, i was given a targeting circle and the potion did not activate. I have not tried this with other consumables, but this problem persisted throughout the entire game. The game prior to this one my potions worked fine in lane as far as I know.

this isn't a consistent bug so i am not sure how to reproduce it.

JudoPunch

09-22-2010

Did you click the icon or did you use the #'s hotkey? Did you have a ward or other activatable in the slot before the bug occurred?

geekaleek

09-22-2010

It was the start of the game, I tried both clicking to activate and using the hotkey though I tried using the hotkey first. It really confused me and i ended up dying to golem >.<

KnaveOfHearts

09-22-2010

I have had this issue once or twice since the latest patch too. Although for me it was an elixer that wouldn't activate. I had been using them though out the game and then one of them wouldn't activate at all. I tried click it, using the hotkey, moving it to another slot and using its hotkey and clicking it. I ended up selling it back and buying a new one and that one worked just fine.

geekaleek

09-23-2010

Another small thing, though this is probably already known, when you're in the queue waiting for a game and switch to other windows, you do not automatically switch back to the LoL client when the game is found and you enter the draft. It'd be nice if the icon could bounce in the dock or the window came to the front. or you could have it do growl notifications, though that might be even more work.

Odincore

09-23-2010

This is actually a bug on the PC version as well as the Mac version. I had a friend two nights ago that plays on the PC that was complaining about the same problem. Were you, by any chance, playing Ashe when this occurred?

geekaleek

09-23-2010

^ 2nd post, i was playing as udyr (the champion not the godly riot dev that i hope notices this post)

Udyr

Recruiter

09-23-2010

I would guess that this is likely a bug with the PC version as well. I'll have QA check it out.

TacoCakes

09-30-2010

It has happened to me several times (mostly blue pots). You can still use them if you click yourself after you get the target circle.

Strinqs

09-30-2010

Quote:
Udyr:
I would guess that this is likely a bug with the PC version as well. I'll have QA check it out.

It is. For reference, it's happened to me twice; once as a Veigar in practice game while i was in lane, and once as Yi in normal trying to jungle. Persists for the whole game, as far as I can tell.

On a semi-related note, clicking on yourself when you're given the targeting circle uses the potion normally. I don't think this would necessarily be a bad change if you could use your potions on teammates.