I need (read: would like) to learn to play a jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy4 View Post
Yeah, I'm working on that. Should be able to get my tier 3 runes by this weekend, hopefully.
If you do not have tier3 runes, I'd suggest waiting until you have them to learn a jungler.

You can jungle without them, but jungling is about efficiency. Without runes, it is just not as efficient. A very good jungler is Amumu, once you get runes. Personally, I go Armor Yellows, MR/LVL blues, MPen reds, Spellvamp Quintessants. You can switch out Quints for Armor because SV Quints are a niche rune. I just feel it gives Amumu infinite Sustain in the jungle. Personally I start with a regrowth pendant or boots/3 pots.

Runes are essential for all junglers, because they increase their jungle speed/sustain. Without both, you cannot succeed. If you want to learn jungling, do a bunch of custom bot games where you just get to level 6 as fast as you can using only the jungle. Once you get the routes down, practice ganking bots and going back to the jungle.

Dragoon Feld

09-20-2012

i almost exclusively jungle. ADD me ingame. ill shoot you a message on the ins and outs of it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-20-2012

Warwick is one of the very few champions that you can jungle with without runes. If you can't manage the jungle with Warwick, you've got a lot of work to do.

As for runes, on almost every jungler, you want attack speed marks, armor seals, and movement speed glyphs. I typically run magic resist per level glyphs as well.

MadManDu

09-20-2012

Go for Warwick, he's really strong and doesn't need runes or masteries to jungle

remamber

09-21-2012

wukong is easier to play,use him as a tank

or you can choose to jungle

Aureline

09-21-2012

Thanks for posting this OP, and thanks to everyone else for replying. Was looking for a thread similar to this. Now I am inspired to go work on my jungle. xD

The Chi Unit

09-21-2012

Jungling is way fun. Amumu is also free this week and he's the first jungler I learned to play. If you're intimidated by trying jungling in a normal game, the Bot games are always a good way to start. ALWAYS remember to get a good leash. That is the MOST important thing.

Aureline

09-21-2012

I jungle a very modest Nunu. He's another good, safe jungler to start with. His Q gives you another smite, basically, plus a heal, and his W helps you clear jungle and skip merrily to lanes to gank with much more speed than just normal walking.

I could be wrong, but his W also makes it easier to gank pre-boots.

And the slow on the E is majestic. (:

Garogg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

You'll have trouble in the jungle till you have a decently built rune/mastery page as mentioned, especially with champs that have sustain problems in the jungle.

I did however do a lot of successful jungling around your current level using Trundle, he has crazy sustain and a fast clear time even with a nearly blank rune/mastery page. Start either vamp scepter or dorans blade, rank QWQE (or QWEQ if you want to go for an early gank) and do a typical jungle route.
I'd always just go Blue, wolves, wraiths, red, little golems but you might wanna do little golems before red to make sure your smite is back up. Pillar positioning can take some practice but good ones will at least force a summoner spell or two which is a successful gank.

Outlawmentalman

09-21-2012

I'm a very experienced jungler and i'll tell you right now what hurts the jungler most, is allies who do not realize you're coming to help, you need to let them be aware you're coming before just charging in ready for a kill, thats called feeding my friend, you may have already tried him but a good champ for people who are not too great at jungling is warwick, if you get ambushed by the enemy jungler, odds are most likely on your side at early level because of ww sustain, also his ult makes it pretty simple for ganks, one thing a lot of players don't realize is that his E, can be turned off so even if a champ is low health, they won't know you're there, unless of course theres a ward, but just try ww again, if not udyr is a very good jungler as well, and if you need help figuring either of them out just look me up and message me sometime i'll be glad to help in anyway i can.