Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

09-25-2012

For honor!

I Am Tolan

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The initial goal of Honor is to identify the positive pillars in our community. This is why we aren't talking about rewards right now. However, if you know me and understand psychology, you know that positive reinforcement comes in many shapes and sizes. We won't use rewards to encourage your participation in the Honor Initiative, so if you feel like there isn't enough 'value' to being good in the current iteration of the initiative, that's fine for now.

The end goal of Honor is to shape player behavior more positively--to help encourage and nudge players to lean good instead of bad when it's an emotional game.

If you dont receive anything for being good other than a happy face from your team then whats the incentive to get honor?

jadelink

09-25-2012

Hmmm.... I would often like to give honor to the poor sap who sadly volunteers to go support, as no one wants to do it in the current meta. I suspect though, that one of the issues with this system is it may make support more unpopular than ever, simply due to the perception that a high KDA will gain you honor. (which to some extent it may well do)

It will be interesting to see if there is a greater willingness to take the **** job on the team when this system is introduced.

Rekka

09-26-2012

Finally. Talking about honor and pursuing its course (ie; following the path, going down that road, walking your talk and etc.) are two very different things. This is the first true step towards that path, I believe.

Your own behaviour is what is held up to a standard here and now, finally, we have a record of accountability. There is no need to provide an incentive for good behaviour. Either you have honor (or are trying to be more honorable) or you don't.

Honor for its own sake is reward enough.

Norlita

09-26-2012

Glad this is being included.

Athaegeon

09-26-2012

One of my concerns is that players who are already sticking to the Code and being a respectful human being in general will be heckled when this comes around because they "Just want honor" or something along those lines. There are, inevitably, going to be be people on both sides of the fence (who are heckling others for being respectful under the guise that they want Honor, and those who are, indeed, being respectful just to accrue said Honor, while the later will perhaps be less disruptive as someone being nice under false pretense is still someone being nice. That said, neither activity is particularly desirable).
There are always going to be schoolyard bullies, and the most one can do is deal with them. But at the same time, there is the possibility that this will give some of the less savory players more stones for their slings. But making false-claims isn't in direct violation of the Summoner's Code (there is no code about besmirching a player's honor or hurting their pride, while there are stipulations in other Codes there cater to all of the above). I'm wondering if we can expect amendments to the code or more Negative Report options with the advent of this system.

Risenfrmoblivion

09-26-2012

Im very glad to see this show up finally. Now its all about getting community awareness to use this tool as well as reporting for negative play.

Edit for a question: So you have mentioned that there are algorithms to stop premades from honoring each other, but what if one of your premade buddies genuinely rallies a loss and with his good guidance and positive attitude pulls the game back together. There should still be a way to honor him.

NimaLema

09-26-2012

i guess its good. Is there negative feedback as well? or would that be the same as reporting?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Yes, everyone starts with a blank slate. Prior Tribunal histories or bans won't affect your Honor gains; however, being toxic will indeed hurt your Honor post-launch.
Is this purely Tribunal warnings/suspensions, or will LeaverBuster warnings/suspensions also affect honor?

Flurren

09-26-2012

Must say that the honor system seems AWESOME! I'm one of these guys that always tries to be friendly and help people getting better, I especially use post-game chat. I don't know how many times I've given people a gameplay guide etc. and get a friend request back for being nice ;D So I think you all that worked on this system should have a BIG thanks and crack up a barrel of Graggy Ice on launch