Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darnasek

09-25-2012

Can we use honor for "threatening" other player?

for example, player 1 do not seem like he will behave properly.
player 2 say: hey, if you try and make an effort to be nicer, ill give you honor point !
I believe that if he did make a real effort to improve this one game, maybe he would merit it.
is it alright?

Ellavina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

<

HiJacker1337

09-25-2012

This might be flawed, because people can Penta Queue or any queue with their friends, and they get bonus IP.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-25-2012
76 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJacker1337 View Post
This might be flawed, because people can Penta Queue or any queue with their friends, and they get bonus IP.
I'm a bit confused, how is premade 5s getting bonus IP?

Moobeat

09-25-2012

Lyte!

What kind of sorcery are you conjuring for this new system!?

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/09...or-system.html

Lyte

09-25-2012
77 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobeat View Post
Lyte!

What kind of sorcery are you conjuring for this new system!?

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/09...or-system.html
I will neither confirm nor deny the magic that Team Player Behavior can do. Credit to the team, they're the ones that make my designs happen.

Tengen Toppa

09-25-2012

And last concern, but not least.

There's already a big enough problem in games of people saying "Report player X", generally after player X has died a few times, or has the audacity to not gank and ungankable lane.

Do you not think it's possible that this will change into "Report player X and I'll give you honour"? I cannot see any way in which you'd prevent that, unless you're implementing something using chat logs, but I'm not even sure that would be realistically possible.

tl;dr, this is likely to increase the amount of report request spamming, which is the thing that I personally most find "toxic" to the game.

Hexenir

09-25-2012

The only way to obtain honor is by receiving from other players? Is everyone starting at 0 Honor Points?

Lyte

09-25-2012
78 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riathamus View Post
The only way to obtain honor is by receiving from other players? Is everyone starting at 0 Honor Points?
Yes, everyone starts with a blank slate. Prior Tribunal histories or bans won't affect your Honor gains; however, being toxic will indeed hurt your Honor post-launch.

A shadowy figure

09-25-2012

Will there be an honor ladder?