Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Introducing Honor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcqe

09-19-2012

I have fear of abusability, but I'll wait and see and hope for the best

Pauleke

09-19-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Yes, it is

What does honor do exactly? Is it just like a point-value reputation score?

WukongBR

09-19-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Actually, we have built-in a few measures to prevent trading and premade abuse.

Do you think this will make potential trolls turn into good players? Or is this just a way of rewarding good players for being good players.

Holy Malevolence

09-19-2012

Does this mean I'll have to impale myself and get a buddy to behead me if I lose my honor?

Naezma

09-19-2012

A great idea. Since I am probably reported constantly for playing supportive with more deaths than kills.

Dr Toenail

Recruiter

09-19-2012

Will we still be allowed to give honor to our friends at least once or on occasion?

TlME

09-19-2012

Quote:
WukongBR:
Do you think this will make potential trolls turn into good players? Or is this just a way of rewarding good players for being good players.

My guess is it won't do anything for avoiding trolls/toxic players who intentionally ruin matches, but it will probably keep people safe from ragers and abuse.....something I don't quite feel should be priority over the actually toxic players

iDerp Solo

09-19-2012

Quote:
itzstarscream:
i'd just give it to my friends

Pretty much that's all most people will do. Riot will respond by using statistics to see if you give honor to people on your Friends' List. Even if Riot disregarded Honor given to Friends - I still expect that's 90% of what people would use it for.

Probably the best way is to just disallow reporting for Honor to people on your friends' list.

Rabidwhale

09-19-2012

Thank god, I have been hoping for this forever.

HolyHammerStrike

09-19-2012

Quote:
Holy Malevolence:
Does this mean I'll have to impale myself and get a buddy to behead me if I lose my honor?

Yes yes it does.