Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeb Lincoln

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminem8mile View Post
i don't post here, and i'm sure no one gives a ****, but i just want to express my disdain for riot's obsession with pushing their ideas about human behavior on me.

riot, all i want from you is good gameplay, not chat censorship and behavior modification "initiatives".

you own the game, but you don't own the community. chat should be a tool for players to communicate, not one of riot's mechanisms for extracting profit from its consumers because if they feel warm and fuzzy inside they'll quit less or spend more money, or whatever.

and if you disagree, why stop here? why not just write an algorithm that creates dynamic, short, positive feedback so players can "have fun"? because apparently riot's view of their own playerbase is that they're so simple-minded that they need aggressive behavior modification to enjoy their own hobbies, and the only thing that matters is that everyone gets a trophy.

i dread all chat filled with the same sycophants who care about imaginary points in any community, yelling false compliments and copy pasted wit; i can't stand karma systems. cheers, ****heels.
Based on your language and bizarre perception of the goal here, I can understand why you might not want the community to be more user-friendly. I feel very sad that you actually feel this way, and wish I could help you overcome whatever is causing your warped set of ideals.

I understand that you're likely just trolling, but I hope that someone somewhere that cares for you will say something that might make enough of an impact to help you get out of this self-perpetuating problem. It's a dangerous cycle. And I hope you can break free of it.

Good luck, and cheers.

The McSmashy

09-21-2012

Hey, Lyte. I'm glad to see this being added to the game! I have a question about its implementation, though; Is there any chance that Honor will be (optionally or not) involved in matchmaking? Say the top 75% of Honored players have the option to only play with other people in that top 3/4s of the Honor earnings.

Sugar Content

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Love the idea, but i went through the first 10 pages and was shocked a specific HONOR joke wasnt mentioned

Lt Westfield

09-21-2012

So I've read through a lot of these posts but not all so excuse me if I ask a repeat question.

on the topic of pre-made honor giving.
I play with the same group of 5-6 players for probably 9 out of 10 games. We aren't always the nicest to each other or the enemy, but if say one of my teammates is helpful and nice to another teammate or the enemy team in 2 out of every 10 games, am I allowed to commend him with honor?
what if he steps it up to 4 out of 5 games? is it not ok to reward him for that?

do you guys care if the positivity that we display to pugs or the enemy team is genuine, or if it is just a way to get more honor?

how will I know what is ok to give honor for and what isn't?

there are often a lot of wrong theories about ways to avoid punishment that people take advantage of without thinking about it, for example I didn't know until recently that pre-game chat is monitored and if I had I would likely have been less toxic in that area.

if a player is trolling internally on the other team (in team chat) and then extremely nice in all chat, will that be taken into consideration when we award him honor?

big fan of you and your co-workers projects lyte. keep up the good work!

Clerigon

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
im gonna ask again, is the reward just visual? or the honor system will affect the matchmaking?

ShurykaN

09-21-2012

Lyte I love positive behavior but I do not want everyone to act like Lux every single game. Her positivity annoys me at times, and if overwhelmed by positivity for some reason I feel that the person stimming the positivity may not be sincere or should watch some current events in the news.

Bol0gnapwny

09-21-2012

I think this is a crock of bull... my most memorable moments were when beating a team 4v5 cuz some kid got in trouble for not taking out the damn trash, and his mother made him leave... I don't know about you but I don't need some 14 year old telling me good job, or correcting my gameplay... what I need is 4 other english speaking teamates, and a beer... I'll do the rest.

Junmita

09-21-2012

interesting!

Velerean

09-21-2012

#thuglyfe

WaIter White

09-21-2012

Quote:
We know that we have a great community
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.