Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Introducing Honor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uAir

09-20-2012

Seems like a really dumb idea to me.
Now when we're down seven towers and the score is 3 kills my team to 40 deaths my allies will refuse to surrender again for the 28th time because they think they can pull off some kind of comeback. And any attempt I make at asking or requesting them to surrender so I don't have to sit through another 30 minutes of them herpderping will be met with me not getting honored at the end of the game.

FlavenMan

09-20-2012

Can you add a way to Honor someone who 'took one for the team' and dodges when there's a troll in queue? I love those guys.

FreedomRoseStein

09-20-2012

Something that I would very much like to see is a Public chat room but only for people with a certain amount of Honor! Because every time I join a chat room (If I Can) it has someone spamming or trolling or just plain old causing havoc, If there was a room for people with a certain amount of honor it would defiantly filter out that problem and a lot of the Nicer people in the community would be able to communicate and become friends! Making pre made teams be more friendly and less troll like! Just an idea.

Lord Zaxer

09-20-2012

This is something I'm very interested in seeing and glad is finally happening. I've seen it in other games (Dota 2) where it unfortunenatly doesn't work, because people are abusing it. Looks like you were ready for this. I can't wait to see where it goes and if I'm actual as good against others as I sometimes think..

FridolinXVI

09-21-2012

The 2nd best idea RIOT ever had.The best was Urf obviously.

However, I love this idea and hope we can see the Honor Rating in the summoner cards ingame and not only in the forum.

And will there be some kind of point amount a player can giveaway / week/month f.e?

Additionaly, I'd appreciate that you let's say get half of honor points by a friend/premade partner to prevent abusing.

Great job RIOT!

Faith in Riot Games = restored!

Zan Vorez

09-21-2012

Quote:
Lyte:

The Tribunal might be the 1st solution we had for player behavior, but Honor is the 2nd. We hope you players will stick with us for #3.

The 3rd? That's the one I'm excited about. Eventually you'll come out with a system that allows us to reach through the monitors and punch any buttwipe teammates that we have.

Synnister

09-21-2012

I'm predicting that this is probably going to fail quite miserably.

Xbox Live has "honor." It's called "Prefer Player." Nobody ever uses it, but they'll leave you negative feedback ("avoid player&quot just for beating them. Positive reinforcement might work in a classroom setting or in a real life setting; but this is the internet, and frankly nobody gives a damn about anything or anyone generally speaking.

Darklarik

09-21-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
We should be rewarding good behaviors, not just skilled play.

We took into account that friends are usually biased towards their own friends and think they are awesome (which is fine!) However, you should only Honor your own friends when they are truly exceptional.

Will high honored players have a higher chance to be paired up with other high honored players of there same hornor??

Aeb Lincoln

09-21-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
The team is really happy that you and other players are excited about this initiative A quick little story: Yegg actually started designing a rough draft of the system months ago but was moved off to work on Spectator Mode and Directed Camera. davin also yearned for a positive feedback system in League and did several research studies to inform future design teams. This was long before my time.

When I first arrived at Riot, we took a serious look at player behavior and decided to create Team Player Behavior--we felt the player behavior problem needed a dedicated team to work on a suite of solutions because it was obvious there was no silver bullet. Independently, kitae (another designer!) actually had scribbled this super messy drawing of how a potential "upvote" system might look like and pulled it from the depths of her inbox and sent it to me.

Our senior producer RiotGTez, co-founders Tryndamere and Ryze then asked us what Team Player Behavior wanted to work on. It seemed obvious: Yes, there would always be a subset of players that would be forever toxic, so we need solutions to deal with these players. However, the majority of the player behavior problem in League of Legends actually comes from the average player who occasionally is bad--perhaps after a bad day at school or work. These players aren't innately toxic, they are toxic due to context. So how do we tackle these problems?

We wanted to follow-through and complete the "stick" systems like the Tribunal because they would always be necessary to identify the forever toxic players in the game; however, we're sorely lacking on "carrots" to encourage the average player to lean good when they could have been bad. Our leadership said "Make it happen" and Honor was born.

The Tribunal might be the 1st solution we had for player behavior, but Honor is the 2nd. We hope you players will stick with us for #3.

Is there any way I could show my gratitude to Yegg, Davin, Kitae, and yourself by making a Riot points purchase and having the money directly go to you 4 as a "tip" or "bonus" per se? I don't know if it would be possible to do this, and it probably won't be much, but I really do want to give you a little something for pushing through this incredibly important feature.

On a side note, thank you for my first ever Red reply. It's as they say, a Legendary moment.

Dragon MegaZord

09-21-2012

The Gentlmen's Club is catching on!