Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Blaqk

09-20-2012

Will the Honor system also influence Tribunal cases in some situations? Example what if a player is reported for something but has some moderate honor points? Can this help conclude if this person is guilty or just had a bad game or something?

KÄRMA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

I'm so excited for this I could punch a monkey in the shaft.

AbyssionKnight

09-20-2012

Uh Lyte, how do we use the honour systems? You said the next PBE Patch, which I presume was the one that came out tonight? If so, I see no way to actually use it. O_o;

Unless you meant the the next PBE Patch after this current one...in which case nevermind @_@

Dreampod

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You can definitely Honor friends if they truly deserve it. Honoring a friend every single game you play with them just because you like them is where the system gets suspicious.
I'm really hoping that the system communicates that you shouldn't be honoring your friend over and over rather than just deciding they are an untrustworthy honorer and weighting all their honor grants to zero. I have a friend who never reads the forums or gets into the details of how the systems work (I had to explain that the Tribunal wasn't going to ban him for nothing many times) but he is a super positive dude and really nice guy and I know that he is going to honor me every single game we play together unless I frequently remind him not to because after every single game he is telling me how great it was and reviewing our best moments already without the system in place.

I hope that the system just doesn't grant me any honor for the excessive honoring but doesn't impact his honor grants to other players because he forgets that doing so isn't what the system is intended for. It would be a shame if his incredible positivity ended up cancelling his ability to recognize other awesome players in the community.

DoctorMcPain

09-20-2012

Just one little tip: make so that people can only vote for users they just played with, limit the number of commendations you can issue per day or per week (and the number of reports too), and limit the number of commendations you can give to a single user.

The honor system is a straight copy of what's present in DOTA 2 (and that's a good thing 'cause it's a nice feature); yet keep in mind that DOTA 2 had a (short-lived) problem with people 'exchanging' commendations, 4x4, to the point of having to reset the ratings after implementing the limitations I cited above.

It's a very good system but it's abusable if you don't plan it carefully.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-20-2012
52 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssionKnight View Post
Uh Lyte, how do we use the honour systems? You said the next PBE Patch, which I presume was the one that came out tonight? If so, I see no way to actually use it. O_o;

Unless you meant the the next PBE Patch after this current one...in which case nevermind @_@
It's not turned on on PBE yet. However, you won't be able to Honor in Custom Games. You are able to see some bits of information about the system on PBE though! For example, in your profile.

KemicalCutthroat

09-20-2012

What gets me mouthy is people that don't learn their position their character their spells and everything else in between this silly honor system sounds like its a reward for those tards - a flaming is what they should get - pain is a lesson - life is pain !
Positive reinforcement is for people that do good not bad.

PlaidHero

09-20-2012

This thread is not for Zuko

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-20-2012
53 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
I'm really hoping that the system communicates that you shouldn't be honoring your friend over and over rather than just deciding they are an untrustworthy honorer and weighting all their honor grants to zero. I have a friend who never reads the forums or gets into the details of how the systems work (I had to explain that the Tribunal wasn't going to ban him for nothing many times) but he is a super positive dude and really nice guy and I know that he is going to honor me every single game we play together unless I frequently remind him not to because after every single game he is telling me how great it was and reviewing our best moments already without the system in place.

I hope that the system just doesn't grant me any honor for the excessive honoring but doesn't impact his honor grants to other players because he forgets that doing so isn't what the system is intended for. It would be a shame if his incredible positivity ended up cancelling his ability to recognize other awesome players in the community.
We know that not everyone visits the forums or immerses themselves in the information available so don't worry, your friend isn't going to get punished for such behavior. I mentioned this subtly before, there's no incentives in the system for premades to keep Honoring each other. However, you should just tell him what the system is about too!

Chess435

09-20-2012

Dear Lyte,

Thanks to you and all of team PB&J for all your hard work helping make this game even more awesome. I, as well as many others, really appreciate it. In fact, you have now edged out RiotReinboom for the position of my favorite Red. (Sorry Reina, but he's earned it.) Keep up the amazing work!

Sincerely,
Chess435