Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Introducing Honor!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penguin Swain

09-20-2012

@lyte will you be able to get more honour by successful judgements (i.e. saying pardon to someone who eventually gets pardoned) in the tribunal?

Yordlepwn

09-20-2012

Yes!

Frogstyles

09-20-2012

My favorite game of League I ever played was a soloqueue as Taric with a terrible Yi, Ahri, and Ashe. The three cheuckleheads were whining and yelling at each other, collectively going 0-6. Meanwhile, our amazing Morgana was going 6-0. I spent the entire game trying to convince them that we hadn't lost (all three of them voted for a surrender around the 30 minute mark) and telling them to focus stunned targets and commit to teamfights together. Morgana climbed to 12/0 or 14/1 or something without saying a word, and even as we turned around the three continued to get mad at each other. We finally won a 60-minute long match, with our Morgana finishing 20+/2 or something, and the other three well in the negatives and STILL yelling at each other, even as the enemy nexus exploded. After that game, our Morgana messaged me and said "that was awesome."

Second favorite game was when I started 0-4 as Kog but my teammates committed to protecting me so I finished 13-4, with us winning after our Nexus had been reduced to half health.

If this system makes stuff like that happen more, I'm all for it.

CryxTryx

09-20-2012

I think that players with really high honor, should have more ban power.

SirTrolingsworth

09-20-2012

Just a question it stands to reason that you play with friends more, and they may have actions that are worthy of Honor. I wouldn't want it to seem like I was abusing the feature, what would your advice be? Sorry if you responded to this already haven't made it through all 46 responses.

mambawarrior

09-20-2012

Lyte, do you really believe the enemy team is going to honor you?

Atychi

09-20-2012

Yo Lyte - Since people who have a history of accurate abuse reports gain weight in their reports, will a similar function be implemented for the Honor system? Like if someone consistently gives honor where honor is due, would the amount of honor he gives increase? Or is it just a +1 system, similar to upvotes/downvotes but without the downvotes.

Fudge Dragon

09-20-2012

Maybe I can be more civil to more people outside of ranked now.
I'm not a toxic player, but too much of this community is intolerable.

Sindair

09-20-2012

Quote:
Sindair:
Since the Mute all chat feature I never see the all chat and I am very glad about that since It was for me the main cause of rage in a team.

My Question: IF I honor a teamate which had a posityive attitude regarding our team but meanwhile he talked to the enemy chat to insult them and ended the game with "GG easy noobs". As my all chat is blocked and I won't know he did that and still honor him. AM I in danger of getting banned to give false honor to someone I shouldn't have give it or will it have an effect on the " quality" of the honor I give?

Lyte can I have an answer please ? . I think it s a legitimate question ......

Seth Lightheart

09-20-2012

Question: I don't think this was asked but, have you thought about giving honor to players by using The Tribunal.

(Even though I assume, the positive players probably use tribunal on at least a semi regular basis.)