Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGotCareless2

09-20-2012

Cool, looking forward to passing some out.

Crunchdoggie

09-20-2012

Sometimes I thank my lane opponent for an interesting/difficult top lane. We go fairly even or talk a lot to each other. Is that too little to honor them for?

YoshioPeePee

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
I agree with pretty much everything you say. Fair enough; I'm persuaded.
i like your idea to have it for the practical purpose of insuring that people who deserve punish, but are pardoned by people who vote based on "might be toxic but not toxic enough", to still at least get some sort of punishment

but these type of voters are simply entering incorrect votes, they shouldn't be encouraged by giving them this 3rd option that implies that there could be situations where someone is toxic enough to lose their honor but not toxic enough for you to punish them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchdoggie View Post
Sometimes I thank my lane opponent for an interesting/difficult top lane. We go fairly even or talk a lot to each other. Is that too little to honor them for?
not if you truly think they deserve it

the system recognizes that we all have our own standards for what deserves a shout out, so it should be fine as long as your honor votes are sincere

Nip the Zephyr

09-20-2012

Finally!

hellasow

09-20-2012

I think we should be able to rate our teamates and the other team on niceness 1-10 and skill lvl 1-10...I think thier would have to be 3 seperate rating scores for bots, normal, and ranked. Since people are more on edge in ranked compared to bots. It could be even weighted based on if someone always gives out 10's or 1's People could only vote on the same person evrey so often too. Maybe only once. So friends could not vote up themselves. Statistically valid data might only exsist over 1000 data points but after a 100 you would have a good trend. I am sure riot could use this info to put teams together. You could look to punish the bottom 10% and reward the top 10%. just ideas hope you can use them.

Epic Wasabi

09-20-2012

Brilliant! promot better games thru a system. with that being said I got a feeling all games will end with "Will you please send me some honor vote for being such a great (whtever role)? Thanks!"

Volimar

09-20-2012

I agree with what you're saying about being reluctant to extrinsically reward players, but I don't think special "good guy" summoner icons would be out of the question.

I like the idea overall.

Never underestimate the power of the scout's code!

Pigoil

09-20-2012

where can I view the new tribunal system where it tells me all the cool tribunal stats that was in the patch preview lyte?

is it not out yet?

TheBadness

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltipoedy66 View Post
If I give Honor to someone, it is more likely to play again with that person? Because that would be cool :3
no it wouldn't because people would end up just "honoring" anyone that carries the hell out of them with the expectation that if they only honor people that are good, then they'll get carried in more games.

HatSummoner

09-20-2012

In my game experience (which isn't much, I admit but enough to say that it wasn't positive at all), I can definitely say that while a good idea in principle, unless the rewards are substantial, I doubt this idea will work.

I don't think I've ever had a positive experience interacting with others in LoL. That system will likely not change that.