Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

09-20-2012

What about this part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
2.2. Are dialogues going to be taken into consideration? There are people that don't like talking in game at all (Guardsman Bob rarely types anything), but are really enjoyable to play with. If I "Honor" such a person, does my credibility go down?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-20-2012
39 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljegh View Post
Love the idea of positive reinforcement coming to the League. In most of my games there is at least one toxic player constantly raging at teammates and dragging the experience down; this happens even more when I'm on the losing side.

What I don't like here is "run out of Honor" and "invisible" combined. If I'm out of Honor (to give) and would still like to commend another player, my existing pool should be divided equally between all players I have (recently) Honored. At the very least, the system should let you know that you're out of giftable Honor or show how much you have left to give.

I'm assuming that players will be allowed 7-14 giftable Honor per week, so where does this leave players that play a large amount of games?

Your intended effect may be greater if you offer some kind of token reward for players that are consistently gracious, but that also encourages players to try and cheat the system for such rewards.

All things considered, I am definitely excited to see a system built for positivity and can't wait to see the effects on our community.
The system does tell you when you have run out of Honor to give out. You'll also have a few ways to get more Honor.

OneVendetta

09-20-2012

lyte would u honor me ? pls pls plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012
40 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong Lyte...

Wouldn't there be a good chance for roughly similar honor gains, but in a less consistent fashion?

If you behave 'honorably' in a solo-queue game, each player makes an individual choice about whether or not to honor you. In a pre-made however, there's a better chance that any of the players who would have normally just honored you own their own to prod their teammates into honoring you as well. (I'll let Lyte take care of the science-y talk, this just seems like it might work that way to me...)

Honestly, I would prefer not to have to worry about honoring my buddy every other game lest he get 'less for a premade,' so a system that mitigated that would be pretty awesome.
Without revealing too much, you won't have to worry about Honoring buddies you premade with. The system is designed such that they are just encouraged to get Honor from the opposing team if you are in a premade of 5.

Lunar Lightning

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It's possible, but think of it this way: The matchmaking system is supposed to pair similar skilled players together. Team Player Behavior is constantly tinkering with matchmaking to improve it.

On average, players will all have some great games where they carry (and may get some fistbumps of Honor) and in some games, they will play poorly. So on average, the amount of Honor you get for 'carrying' is going to be about the same for every player unless you are grossly out of place in your matchmaking.
that is true but I normally play only like 10 champs in ranked, so when im in normals do so so with other champs, but if i play one of those 10 champs from ranked i win about 4/5 games i would say on average, so can't say i agree with you on that

Lyte

09-20-2012
41 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
There is always the possiblity that all 9 players were actually nice and super fun to play with.

Isn't that your goal in the first place?

My bigger concern is that with the removal of all chat, it is virtually impossible to get noticed by the other team. Expecting honor from the other team is futile.

Your own team is where good behavior will be noticed and should be rewarded.

As far as premades are concerned, I think the simple fair rule should be that you cannot receive honor from people on your friends list. Honor is designed to reward people who are good to strangers. Riot shouldn't really care how you treat your buddies. That's between you and them. Their focus should be on improving the experience for people going into a game not knowing anyone.

If you're only playing premades, your honor gain is limited, but it should be. You're not demonstrating an ability to be nice to strangers by playing a premade.
If one day we had 10 awesome players in every single game... then yes, you can Honor everyone. But if you Honor 9 players in 50 straight games, the system knows something is suspicious

The removal of All-Chat was a measure to protect and shield players from toxicity; however, with Honor, we've provided a few reasons for players to actively participate in All-Chat in a positive manner.

big earth

09-20-2012

Better remember this thread and all of the praise because on the day it goes live, that thread will be the complete opposite. I use this LoL forum as my research model.

Just a forum acc

09-20-2012

Update: 41 and counting! On EUNE STILL 1.

YoshioPeePee

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP stun View Post
Update: 41 and counting! On EUNE STILL 1.
just copy paste the stuff here for the people on EUNE

dude can't be everywhere at once repeating the same stuff

Tolfor

09-20-2012

ITT 56 pages of people asking the exact same questions and finding the exact same "loopholes" that were answered and resolved 45 pages ago.

In other words, just another everyday Lyte thread.