Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lluluien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You'll have to find out when you start using the feature, a scientist never reveals his experiments.
Random off-topic, but I call shenanigans.

Revealing your experiments are EXACTLY what makes a scientist a scientist. Reproduceability is exactly the fundamental thing that makes science what it is.

Blakev

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

honor over 9000

Campeen

09-20-2012

Lyte do you have any estimates on how many people wills how up in the tribunal who use Honour as a way to abuse other players ie threatening to not give honour and things like that?

1337 2thaparty

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-20-2012
36 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takran View Post
This is so AWESOME! I've been hoping to see a feature like this for a long time!

one question though - Is giving a honor to someone on your friends list considered abuse of the system? not like farming it, but just one time to say "hey, thanks for being cool to play with".
Nope, this is fine. If you queue up 50 games in a row and Honor him 50 times... might be suspicious.

Borand

09-20-2012

Hello again Dr. Lyte, I was wondering if you read what I posted earlier (and if you can answer, ofcourse)!

EDIT: Seems like you did. Thanks for answering!

Lyte

09-20-2012
37 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Hello Lyte! I want to ask some questions myself, too. I want to use this feature right, so I want to have high credibility for it. Here's what has got me thinking:

1. Is this "Honor" feature about rewarding good plays or about rewarding good behaviours? As I said, I want to use this feature right so I think you get what I am asking.

2. I am one of those guys that has gotten soooo tired and frustrated of all selfish actions (pre-game insta-lockers and offenders, in- and post- game hostility, the all-chat verbal abusers), which has gotten me to play lots of coop, and only play normals if I have at least one friend with me. What I mean to ask is:

2.1. If my friend(s) is a good guy in-game, even though we are premade, I would "Honor" him(them) every single game the exact same way I would with any person that made my playtime better or by any means has displayed a nice behaviour. Would this be considered an abuse of the system? I don't add, invite or premake with people I consider abusive or offensive as they ruin my playtime too, I only premake with people who really are either fun or nice.
2.2. Are dialogues going to be taken into consideration? There are people that don't like talking in game at all (Guardsman Bob rarely types anything), but are really enjoyable to play with. If I "Honor" such a person, does my credibility go down?
Looking forward to your answer!
We should be rewarding good behaviors, not just skilled play.

We took into account that friends are usually biased towards their own friends and think they are awesome (which is fine!) However, you should only Honor your own friends when they are truly exceptional.

Blutarsky Blues

09-20-2012

This is such a great addition to the game congrats on initiating this positive feature!

Lyte

09-20-2012
38 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrady View Post
Just read all Riot posts and can you clarify:

1) If I honor someone, do I lose honor?

2) If I don't honor anyone, ever, and am polite, will I have a lot of honor? or does it work differently for people who never honor anybody?

Just curious because what it sounds like from reading some other posts, some many never honor anybody for reason 1 or don't want to fall into the area of being discredited honor because with this new feature, a lot of players will try to get honor.. always! Some games I'm sure, everybody on your team may honor everybody or people will be strict on honoring and limit it to the most honored
1) The amount of Honor you have to give is a separate pool than the Honor you receive. You don't lose any personal Honor for handing out Honor!

2) The ways you use Honor and hand them out have no effect on how you receive Honor. Two separate parts of the initiative.

Just a forum acc

09-20-2012

On NA forum: 37 red posts and counting, on EUNE, only one? Why?