Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guttler

09-20-2012

I'm looking forward to this.

My bet is that supports will earn honor quicker then other roles.

Axium

09-20-2012

I like this idea. While there are still going to be those rage-happy little 15 year-old kids in games, at least now I can down vote his butt to oblivion.

I think you should go as far as to try and match people up based on their honor-level. That way all of the ragey kids can play together and rage at each other all day, while the civilized people can play together as well.

Al3x4ndar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The matchmaking system is supposed to pair similar skilled players together.
Your matchmaking system is broken then.

Roccano

09-20-2012

What are the benefits of honor? Well, besides the good feeling that you get when you make someones day with a compliment or some advice.

Seringol

09-20-2012

Hey Lyte?

I believe all of this is good and great - but if you want to make a real difference in the community, you have to make it worthwhile for people.

Talk to marketing and art - For players that are seen as top tier ( within the honor system ) - Award them a skin, RP, a special summoner icon in the friends list. Make there be a wide spectrum: The worst of the worst get banned, the best get fun things, and those content to stay in the middle will play as they wish.

Reward people for being a positive player who makes a good impact on the community - For the highest level rewards - skins and RP - Make it either take 500 games or 6 months or some other 'high' metric that when earned, shows this player is among the best the community has to offer for positive experiences.

And if they turn ugly? Have a rioter personally review the file, not automated. If the actions are deemed negative and worse than a 'bad day/game'.. Take the rewards away.

The sad truth is that giving a tangible reward is one of the few things that will motivate many people.

Lustdemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

You make a competitive toxic game and then ban everyone what do you think about that Lyte?Whats your psychology on that?

Axlis

09-20-2012

I like it

Roccano

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialLaw View Post
yet more pie-eyed bull**** lipservice from a company of internet clowns who are only interested in your money. they will say whatever they have to to keep your wallet open.

these happyass posters who come out in support of such a blatant pandering attempt just illustrate how myopic this playerbase is.
riot stopped getting my money a long time ago, they are a bunch of grinning trolls laughing at the collective lot of you.

the hardest work riot employees have ever done is decide what new car they will by with your microtransaction money and i'm sure their fompy asses broke a sweat.

this company took ICEFROGs work, stole it, put a new wrapper on it and sold it to you. laughing all the way to the bank. ever wonder why the father of 3-lane rts wants nothing to do with these insipid *******?

if you were a real fan of the genre, or authentic competitve gamer, like every fkn one of you play-acts to be, you would be helping valve get dota2 to where it needs to be. but you are not.

you are sitting with your credit card in your greasy little hand, dying for your next chance to buy the newest low-cut cheesecake skin for your digital girlfriend.

riot: for posers by thieves.

stop letting them win at your expense and stop believing their bull****.

Thats funny...if I remember correctly, Icefrog was one of the people involved with the creation of this game after helping to create Dota...

Everything else in your post is full of troll, so im not gonna bother responding to it.
If you dont like the game, dont play it, and dont post here.
Simple logic.

Roccano

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialLaw View Post
ppl wil upvote their friends, it will only create an inbred community. people with the most active friend list will get the most honor.

nice exploit youve coded, riot.

i bet you like that your players are to frigging dumb to call you out.

i would truly appreciate the opportunity to physically attack your executive staff, you suck so fkn hard.
If I remember reading correctly, its only in the PBE right now, any exploiuts like that would most likely be taken care of somewhat like the tribunal

ImperialLaw

09-20-2012

it was guinsoo and pendragon, dumbass.

try a wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends

but that would mean something besides baseless bull****, and thats the riot player stock in trade.

dont fkn dare to misrepresent the facts, your corporate sycophancy is showing, follower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogoth1 View Post
Thats funny...if I remember correctly, Icefrog was one of the people involved with the creation of this game after helping to create Dota...

Everything else in your post is full of troll, so im not gonna bother responding to it.
If you dont like the game, dont play it, and dont post here.
Simple logic.