Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yummines

09-19-2012

good guy Lyte

Thaenor

09-19-2012

Firstly, wanna say thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouth ankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthan kyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthanky outhankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouth ankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthan kyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthanky outhankyouthankyou for implementing this. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a pretty easygoing and positive person, and I like giving people props; this'll be another good way of doing so

Secondly, and I'm sure this'll get addressed when the system rolls out, but I figured I'd ask for clarification anyway; I duo/premade with most of my buddies/groups because they're precisely the people I'd give Honor to if I met them in blind. Without revealing trade secrets, can you guys say if the algorithm will provide for giving friends the bump if they honestly deserved it for providing both teams a positive game?

Laffarater

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Lyte, I think you should implement a reward system for Honor. A simple one.

If you have enough Honor, you get a Forum avatar. Now, if you lose too much Honor, you will lose that Forum privelege. All of this is necessary for the Honor system to work.

That way, the only way to capture the Avatar is to regain your honor.
Everyone would give law honor.
WE NEED THIS

Morgra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

About this, some people may not be in the habit of "reporting people for Good Behavior", as Reporting is usually a tool for negative reasons. Some people don't check the forums, so will there be an announcement of this so people will notice it, and cause the system to be used more often?

Olyps

09-19-2012

aw man. although this is cool I always enjoyed responding positively to people just because it felt good. Now everyone will think I want honor :\

rumples

09-19-2012

Im assuming a persons honor vote will have a relative weight similar to reporting? e.g a dude that honors all day long gives less than somebody that does once a week?

ChocolateBubbles

09-19-2012

How about each player can only honour a player once to prevent abuse? Or something of the sort

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-19-2012
14 of 99 Riot Posts

Let's all give RiotLobster (Developer), RiotBahamut (Developer), sAYpOPgUYs (Developer), VonBurgerMeister (UX Designer), Scezumin (Developer), binaryvision (Developer), RiotWorldPeace (QA), ryedan (Visual Designer) and Robbypoo (Developer) some Riot fistbumps for bringing this feature into League!

Also, don't forget Team Player Behavior's producers statuskwoh and RiotSeb!

Katraya

09-19-2012

Love it! Thanks for introducing this!

YoshioPeePee

09-19-2012

i would like to retroactively honor the rioter Ponies for being randomly paired with me during one of my worst games ever and carrying us to victory without showing any anger towards me in the least

i must have died 13+ times and we won anyway, his fizz is too stronk