Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

im going to get a currency for being me?

K

A Swarm of Koala

09-19-2012

I'm intrigued. Are you guys going to put weights on honor picking, like you do with reports? It might become common to +report everyone that wasn't a pain to be with, especially if there's a reward, because it'll become common to +report everyone to reciprocate reports.

Zerglinator

09-19-2012

Honor compels me!

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

QUESTION(s):

Is this new system at all linked with the new Tribunal system? Are there going to be rewards other than the inherent reward of feeling good about yourself or being recognized?

ARGorilla

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
To be specific, you only reveal the experiment and the results afterwards. If you reveal the purposes of the experiment before, then any eventual behaviors could be biased.
Yes but the purpose of the thread is to reveal the experiment, therefore the methods by which the experiment will be carried out should be revealed.

I'm just arguing semantics and particularities to be devil's advocate lol.

Laffarater

09-19-2012

Its really sad people NEED positive reinforcement to be good : /

Thanks Riot

P.S. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=barn Barn C:

Pikachu

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Unfortunately, we won't be revealing how we detect this or else players will try to abuse and skirt the detection algorithms. However, we've done a lot of testing and 'weird' cases internally and everything is caught. I'd recommend players just not try it because the penalties are harsh.

If you happen to coincidentally Honor someone who also Honors you, it's no problem at all.
What if you both talk about honoring each other cuz your both nice.. as friendly gesture to each other? there's too many loopholes to this :< but i do hope for the best.

Sakuri Ono

09-19-2012

What do you plan to do if people start using this feature as another form of bias?

I.E: Even if you try to hide certain stats people already use 3rd party programs to bias/judge other players. Such as dodging/refuses to listen to someone because their ELO is too low, they've played too many bot games recently, their win rate for a certain champion isn't high enough for their tastes, ect.

What if people start using sites like Lolking to go 'You're not 1.1K+ honor; dodging.'?

I ask more for the theoretical possibility than out of any concern that it might legitimately become a 'thing'.

Pikachu

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
What do you plan to do if people start using this feature as another form of bias?

I.E: Even if you try to hide certain stats people already use 3rd party programs to bias/judge other players. Such as dodging/refuses to list to someone because their ELO is too low, they've played too many bot games recently, their win rate for a certain champion isn't high enough for their tastes, ect.

What if people start using sites like Lolking to go 'You're not 1.1K+ honor; dodging.'?

I ask more for the theoretical possibility than out of any concern that it might legitimately become a 'thing'.
This is a good point... including pre-assumptions of judgment or jealous towards people who you've previously played with holding grudges and getting your big group of friends to go against this person.... I even see this happen with threads and constant abuse of the downvote upvote system

I really want this to work out.. but im guessing the smart people at riot already pre-thought of these things and people being bias...so lets hope for the ebest

Justus Dominus

09-19-2012

As a Master's student in psychology with a background in conditioning I can tell you guys that you are making a great decision. Thank you Riot.