Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titiln

09-19-2012

"pls you honor me I honor you pls"

ThisIsMinecraft

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We've made sure that there are some avenues of progress in the Honor system even if you solely play with premade friends. For example, your opponents can still Honor you for being humble in victory.
How is it possible to be humble when you are sitting behind a computer screen? Can one really express such a complex state of being in a genuine manner in such a limited capacity?

Alyran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

New League motto:

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You'll have to find out when you start using the feature, a scientist never reveals his experiments.
Actually, a scientist always reveals his experiments, else his hypothesis cannot be tested at all, thus his conclusion is automatically rendered pointless since it cannot be reproduced.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-19-2012
8 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
i'm confused about this whole trading honor thing

how do you determine whether the exchange is agreed upon or it was just a spontaneous "you were cool, no U were cool."

i can easily see 2 players, without knowing it, both honor each other
Unfortunately, we won't be revealing how we detect this or else players will try to abuse and skirt the detection algorithms. However, we've done a lot of testing and 'weird' cases internally and everything is caught. I'd recommend players just not try it because the penalties are harsh.

If you happen to coincidentally Honor someone who also Honors you, it's no problem at all.

DomainSpecific

09-19-2012

Lyte, is there any hope of the Tribunal IP reward coming back? Maybe you could make it so only people with >75% accuracy receive it. I miss it...

McPirate

09-19-2012

Interesting idea, and one that has been asked for for a very long time.

I seriously hope that there are NOT rewards for having X amount of honor. It would just lead to everyone going "hey random guy, ill honor you if you honor me" for those rewards.

regalic

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGorilla View Post
Scientists write entire journals about their experiment, its basically unwritten law that you publish any study or experiment that you conduct lol
You don't tell the patient that a medicine will cure them if its a drug trial. Intact you don't even tell them if you gave them the medicine.

You wait tell its done and ready to go before you publish your findings.

ChaoticHeavens

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietPepperPhD View Post
You know, some people will just *pretend* to be nice, just to get some honor. What is funny is that they will come across as super nice people, even if they are *****ing on the other side of the screen.
Isn't that significantly better than if they were complaining and whining all game? I would rather have someone "pretend" to be nice than to have someone rage all game. Of course, that's my opinion.

obey the frog

09-19-2012

I'm glad Riot's seen the benefits of the Commend (Honor) system VALVe currently has in Dota 2, and decided to implement another good idea from that game: Spectator mode, Accept/Decline in queue, replays in the client (Confirmed soon^tm), a Pause feature, etc.