Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xCh3wyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

I love this guy

TheBladeX

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeekos View Post
Every game is "Honor me I'm honoring everyone" I started to report these people for awhile but I must have reported 40-50 people. I give up. This is a very abused system. People with these banners are just people that ask for honor and play the most games. And 90% of the honor I have is from people trying to get me to trade it to them back. I don't troll during games I just keep my mouth shut, I warrant no honor for saying nothing. And have very rarely give it out. (but I guess I don't give it out to people blatantly brown nosing for honor either: "I REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF PLAYING WITH YOU GUYS, YOUR ALL REALLY SKILLED PLAYERS") I find myself honoring people that simply don't whine about how their team is full of ******* and maybe say Good Game at the end.

Honor:
Broken system is broken.
Frankly, I much prefer people saying nice things even if it's a little beggerish than people raging and qq'ing all game. much better this way.

XCommanderAdamaX

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmandude12 View Post
Alright, but what's the point? I get honored all the time, but it doesn't really seem like it means anything.
well then maybe you havent been honord enough, because after so many you get a pendent that others can see when in loading and at end of game, i think this pendent changes colors as you get more.

Liem Senpai

10-19-2012

how come i dont have anything yet.. im 22/14/89/30. ...

abattoirx

10-19-2012

I don't get what riot expects. Lets release a system that allows you to easily abuse it with some colluding between players. and most players, including I, (until now) didn't even know that asking for honor or trading it after every game was against the rules or "shunned upon." if you're going to punish people or shun the community for abusing, (even though they don't know they are), a system that is flawed, then take some responsibility for it and fix it.

overall though i love this system, although i still run into trolls and "downies," i find that more people are starting to play a little more compassionately, with a small incentive to be a better community member. but i think with the size of the community, combating "honor trading" or "honor farming" is going to be tough, because i myself have asked for honor, without knowing that i may be subject to disciplinary action.

Atomixz

Recruiter

10-21-2012

hey there are like red and yellow ribbons are there anymore and how do i get them?

10-24-2012

Not sure if these have been mentioned but I'd like to give a few observations on the honor system.

1) Honorable opponent.

People seem to be giving this as a way to say "thank you for making us win." In other words, they honor the worst player or the feeder.

It's gotten to the point that when I see red ribbons on the other team I know it's going to be an easy win.

2) Team leader (yellow ribbon)

I saw a guy with this and said Yay, we have a team leader this game. Then I noticed he was one of the worst players I have ever seen. No communication. He went solo top and got almost 0 cs.

Then I noticed that this guy had "KOR" in his name. So then I realised, okay, this guy is Korean and he just gets free honor from every Korean player that he plays with just for his nationality.

DirtySlanderer

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar ┴ang View Post
Not sure if these have been mentioned but I'd like to give a few observations on the honor system.

1) Honorable opponent.

People seem to be giving this as a way to say "thank you for making us win." In other words, they honor the worst player or the feeder.

It's gotten to the point that when I see red ribbons on the other team I know it's going to be an easy win.
Personally, I get most of my honorable opponent honors in three different situations:
1) I carry my team really well, but I am kind in all chat and throw out a gg without talking any smack. Generally will comment in post-game chat to my lane opponent that they did well (but I got ganks, got an early lead, it was a counter-lane, etc.). I know that any game where my lane opponent carries, I've spent a lot of time getting berated by my team, so it feels good when the person you fed admits that you were decent in lane but they had some other advantage.

2) I lose a game super hard, but I am a good sport about it and don't whine in all chat.

3) Those rare games where everyone is chatting in all chat and just generally enjoying each other's company.

To my memory, I haven't gotten any honor for feeding the other team, unless you count the games where I fed but was a good sport about it (which I would argue I was honored for being nice, not for feeding).

SpAceWaffLeS

10-24-2012

Honestly I don't see why you can't dishonor someone...

There is a gap between reporting somone and honoring someone...basically people who are dicks and not honorable, but don't really deserve to be reported. Also, I don't believe you should have to be banned just to have your honor reset.

It would make a lot more sense if you could dishonor people just as you honor them. Play a game and the entire other team honors you = +5 honor... play another where your an a**hole and 3 people on the other team dishonor you = -3 honor... now you have +2 honor.

I'm guessing their view on this is to prevent abuse, but just make it so you can only dishonor one person per game.