Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolfW

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxZeal View Post
Question.. you mentioned many auto detection ways for the Honor system to detect a "scam" or something to detect if honor given was legit or not. What about this scenario?
Teamate start of game : "first time wukong just letting you know"
Teamate : " Hey could you gank my lane this guys getting me upset"
Me : " Sure man il be right there in a second"
*Ganks successfully*
Teamate : "Thanks man feel free to come up again "
Me : "you mentioned playing that champion you're first time maybe you should try building a ---"
Teamate : "cool thanks"
Me : " np if i helped you please honor me "

What would happen here? will the Honor be given to each player legitimately?

and...... one day........you get ban

Hatetear

10-02-2012

I just needed to login my first time to say its a great idea.
I suggest to get a "honor-Skin" or Summoner-icon.
I think it should be showable to be an honored person.

PhantomBadger

10-02-2012

I promise, I'll be the nicest a$$hole you will ever see around here.

llDeathCowll

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
There's a lot of research that your vote of Honor towards your own friends means less. To give a more extreme example, what's worth more?

1) Your parents saying you are the best in the world at LOL
2) Your peers saying you are the best in the world at LOL
3) Random strangers on the street saying you are the best in the world at LOL

So the friends and family of the best LOL players in the world have less meaningful votes.

Portox

10-02-2012

testing

DaMiTzNhan

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
toxic
Is this your favorite TM?
You say it at least once in everyone of your posts.

doulie55

10-02-2012

-50 Honor for lying about the example champs level.

lozertuser

10-03-2012

I am predicting and am experiencing a few problems with this honor idea.

First, any "non-essential" role will not receive honor. ADC will gain the kills, do the most damage, and well, supports just support. This means supports are essentially out of the running. This is my main role and even if I do well I am not recognized for anything but my failures. It's been this way even before this honor system and has very little chance of changing, and if I have thought it through enough, am very much correct in this hypothesis.

Second, already I have had people in game asking for honor because "they were on a team full of trolls". It's like I'm on YouTube seeing videos of people asking for a thumbs up/up-boats/subscribe etc. Why do I need to play with these people? These are the people who seem to want to exploit the system the most and are seriously the worst to deal with.

Honor has no value to the person giving it to someone else. This is a flaw. Maybe at higher level play the players will give this out to others, but given the nature of the game, it will happen, but only for a short period of time before it dies down greatly to the point of near nothing being honored. This would probably be fixed by simply forcing a user out of every X games to give honor to someone else. At this point though I'm just throwing ideas around in my head of where this is headed.

Maybe I'm jaded.

TheGreatDipper

10-03-2012

An idea to this honor system and even more, when players below 1200 get honor win or lose , it should be exchanged for elo , no numbers yet but i think this will help good players stuck in elo hell come up , im stuck in elo hell and yet i try to get out but seems impossible team dont try or they leave, or are just too unskilled i find myself in a 1v5 situation... ive gotten some honor from both wins and lose games from opponents and allies.

Just a thought / suggestion....

or

Have an elo reset in the store, so players can reset back to 1200 and try to climb up , limit to once per account similar to the refund system. again im saying this cuz i meet alot of good players and myself who are so frustrated with the teams and cant do anything about it , we are at the 600s - 900s. situations like win 10 lose 5, win 1... lose 3 ... it gets me and some other good players tired of trying at some point.

Omnislash GG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozertuser View Post

First, any "non-essential" role will not receive honor. ADC will gain the kills, do the most damage, and well, supports just support. This means supports are essentially out of the running. This is my main role and even if I do well I am not recognized for anything but my failures. It's been this way even before this honor system and has very little chance of changing, and if I have thought it through enough, am very much correct in this hypothesis.
Well, it remains to be seen. I myself see the value of a support character and know that it's a hard role to play. It's also not glorious, since you won't be the one getting many kills. But if others are like me (maybe a few are), they will take all of that into account and reward you with honor, using your assists as a reference (instead of kills) and taking note of your general demeanor in-game.

Maybe I'm overestimating the LoL playerbase, but that's just the way I see it.