Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghan04

10-01-2012

I have on several occasions wished that there was a way to "anti report" someone for being an awesome person in game. I'm very exciting about the new Honor system.

@Lyte

1. So I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere in this thread (that I didn't read all of, but only some), but is Honor going to be weighted? As in, when you have a large amount of Honor, you will give more to people who you Honor? If so, how far does that go and how does it cap out?

2. Will there be any further course of action taken by the system for those who have been identified as abusers? You mention that they would end up with 0 Honor. Is it possible for them to change their behavior and start receiving and then giving Honor properly again? Will there be any warning akin to a Tribual Reform Card that might be given out if they are trying to abuse the system?

Illegal Danish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Whenever my teammate gives up first blood, I am going to say "HEY, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FIRST BLOOD." Probably several times, too. I'm hoping the caps lock will help enunciate the frustration, but the kind words will trick them into thinking it's really okay. But not at the same time.

Psychology at its finest.

Lazreal

10-01-2012

Would you consider placing an extra gem, stone, badge, Mark, Sigil, etc. on the players in game profile?

Such as sokets upon your elo emblem, so players will feel the need to feel those sockets of good behavior to have a more aesthetically complete Representation of their status?

WolfW

10-01-2012

nah why do you think that the some players give ''free'' honor to other players?

MxZeal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Question.. you mentioned many auto detection ways for the Honor system to detect a "scam" or something to detect if honor given was legit or not. What about this scenario?
Teamate start of game : "first time wukong just letting you know"
Teamate : " Hey could you gank my lane this guys getting me upset"
Me : " Sure man il be right there in a second"
*Ganks successfully*
Teamate : "Thanks man feel free to come up again "
Me : "you mentioned playing that champion you're first time maybe you should try building a ---"
Teamate : "cool thanks"
Me : " np if i helped you please honor me "

What would happen here? will the Honor be given to each player legitimately?

Phoenix Hawk

10-01-2012

Great! Sometimes, I really want to 'praise a player for being nice or good or just respectful. One thing though, I'm afraid some people will start thinking negatively that some are faking being nice EVEN though they actually are... For me, if they can and do be nice in a game of LoL, it's ok and shows respect and it's better than ''true'' trolling...

Shadowy1

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxZeal View Post
Question.. you mentioned many auto detection ways for the Honor system to detect a "scam" or something to detect if honor given was legit or not. What about this scenario?
Teamate start of game : "first time wukong just letting you know"
Teamate : " Hey could you gank my lane this guys getting me upset"
Me : " Sure man il be right there in a second"
*Ganks successfully*
Teamate : "Thanks man feel free to come up again "
Me : "you mentioned playing that champion you're first time maybe you should try building a ---"
Teamate : "cool thanks"
Me : " np if i helped you please honor me "

What would happen here? will the Honor be given to each player legitimately?
If they honor you or you honor them, there seems to be no scam here.

SaladDressing

10-01-2012

I must admit, I didn't read EVERY one of your post but is it possible to add a negative honor feature to this? For cases when a person is "trolling" or not communicating with the team purposefully. This way when people receive negative honor their que time will take much longer than usual.

DaRumpleforeskin

10-01-2012

went 17 and 0 as ezreal last game and i get out of the game and see this honor thing, when i go back to the main screen it says, you have +3 helpful, and i was like

BigDracha

10-01-2012

I just noticed this system today. I really like it. It feels good after the game to see people who appreciated playing with or against you. Its a nice incentive to at least try to be a good guy or girl.