Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-30-2012
92 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautalis View Post
can you report someone and give them honor or does it cancel out the honor?
You can only Report or Honor a player at the end of a game. They cancel each other out.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012
93 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandon Mae View Post
Lyte, I've tried to follow most of your posts on this thread, but I have one question I don't think I've seen the answer. You may not even be willing to give it at this time anyways. It's cool that we will be able to give out honor to other players, but at the time what is the real incentive to actually acquire it? Will there be a leader-board similar to the tribunal experiment? Actual rewards?

Again I apologize if this has already been said.
We're not talking about rewards at this time. Consider the Honor Initiative as a multi-phase effort, with Phase 1 being to just test the system and determine whether it is accurately identifying positive players.

It's a very large-scale, unpredictable experiment, so we have to take things one step at a time. The whole purpose of this experiment is to try to find the players who are legitimately being Honorable, regardless of any tangible rewards. Once we identify those players, who knows what may happen?

Xaephros

09-30-2012

@Lyte: I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but can you get warned/banned for abusing the honor system? For instance, asking everyone in game to give you honor and saying that you will do the same for them?

I DISCONNECTED

09-30-2012

This is great, and wonderful news!

Remember, fellow forum posters, to take a break and stretch your legs every 15 minutes or so. You will feel much better after a long night of internetting!!!!!!!!

:3

Lyte

09-30-2012
94 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaephros View Post
@Lyte: I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but can you get warned/banned for abusing the honor system? For instance, asking everyone in game to give you honor and saying that you will do the same for them?
It's possible to end up with a Tribunal case for abusing the Honor Initiative but the Honor Initiative itself does not ban players automatically. In addition, it's possible to lose all of your current Honor if you abuse the system.

My advice is, don't be dishonorable.

BelligerentGnu

09-30-2012

Any chance of an ETA?

Also, during stage 1, will players have any way to know whether they qualify as a 'pillar of the community' (as defined by you)?

I DISCONNECTED

09-30-2012

Oh, Lytey-pooh!

I've just got a teensie-weensie little question for you!

Will you be adding in fabulous in-game e-motes so I can be extra pleasant to my teammates and enemies? I think it would be really cute and fun if I could have an animated table-flipping e-mote that I can say every time after I get killed! LOL!!

xkhazixmaster18

09-30-2012

Is the honor system coming soon(tm)?

Lyte

09-30-2012
95 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
Any chance of an ETA?

Also, during stage 1, will players have any way to know whether they qualify as a 'pillar of the community' (as defined by you)?
We'll be making an effort to identify pillars of the community.

No ETAs! We'll be revealing more details about the Honor Initiative and start some new discussions around it sometime this week.

Heek

09-30-2012

This post makes me happy.