Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altrec

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurren View Post
Must say that the honor system seems AWESOME! I'm one of these guys that always tries to be friendly and help people getting better, I especially use post-game chat. I don't know how many times I've given people a gameplay guide etc. and get a friend request back for being nice ;D So I think you all that worked on this system should have a BIG thanks and crack up a barrel of Graggy Ice on launch
Hey it's great when people are nice to each other, but I would never give you honor because after this system is in place I will only assume you are fishing for points.

As for you Lyte can you explain why you insist on making it harder for people who play with friends primarily to receive honor when at some point you say there will be positive reinforcement? Is it really a positive to alienate part of your player base? I really want you to put my mind at ease here?

Venetrix

09-26-2012

Now, to get some players in the game that I'd actually compliment. I'm at 2000+ games and I've seen none. Just toxic rager kids that threaten to report me when I'm 20/1/15. Perhaps if you ban anyone that says "KS" in the game.

gates78

09-26-2012

yeah im still going to rage..... lol xD
nah im not like alot of peeps out there omg its scary @.@

Feing

09-26-2012

Finally.

b3artherawr

09-26-2012

You know i was waiting for something like this. I love nice players, and I personally would give someone a thank you for being nice but I'm not sure a lot of people would do the same. In a lot of matches there are just some people who don't appreciate the things you do regardless

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Hi lyte

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-26-2012
80 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risenfrmoblivion View Post
Im very glad to see this show up finally. Now its all about getting community awareness to use this tool as well as reporting for negative play.

Edit for a question: So you have mentioned that there are algorithms to stop premades from honoring each other, but what if one of your premade buddies genuinely rallies a loss and with his good guidance and positive attitude pulls the game back together. There should still be a way to honor him.
If this is the case, just Honor him. The Honor Initiative prevents abuse like 5 premades playing 50 straight games together and everyone piling Honor on 1 player.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-26-2012
81 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Is this purely Tribunal warnings/suspensions, or will LeaverBuster warnings/suspensions also affect honor?
This is only suspensions related to behavior, so Tribunal-only suspensions.

Overmind Slab

09-26-2012

Could players with high honor be grouped with other high honor players in matchmaking? I'd like to see summoner icons myself but getting to avoid trolls would be a huge incentive to be nice and get honor. Also since nobody, including trolls, likes playing with trolls they might change their tune to get out of some honorless void where everyone sucks.

MasterMirage

09-26-2012

Hey Lyte, can you confirm if you got an email I just sent? Thanks!