[Champion Concept] Isis, The Skyborn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

If you changed Chi to essence it would sound a bit less random.

Unless you want to rename Isis to Yin or Yang, then it be fitting to have Chi moves.

Shadowavion

10-01-2012

I guess i could Chi is just the first thing that came to mind

and chi isnt just yin and yang, Chi is just energy that the body stores

Shadsnp

10-09-2012

you know in naruto they use chakra not chi, and if you have a problem with chi then you must not like karma?

Shadowavion

01-04-2013

bump

Dr FreakinSmarts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Tharks did not cause this, but by Isis, Tharks will end it!
-Dotar Sojat

Had to get that outta my system

Shadowavion

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingSide View Post
-Dotar Sojat

Had to get that outta my system
haha funny i just watched that movie yesterday for the first time

Shadowavion

01-10-2013

can I get a review or something?

Sigismund

01-23-2013

Lore:

Quote:
Flow (2/5): Lore is difficult to read, lacks flow, but is understandable

Theme (5/5): Lore fits perfectly into existing LoL Lore

Interest (2/5): Lore had difficulty catching the reader's attention & in garnering interest in the champion

Total: 9/15 x2 = 18/30
Your lore is currently too short to effectively convey sufficient information about your champion, but it does have the potential to be very good if you expand upon it.
The main issue with it, aside from the length, is your use of present tense in your first paragraph to describe Isisí past, and then your decision to use past tense to describe a more recent event (his observation of the League). It would help your Lore significantly if you made the verb tense more consistent/fluid.
A relatively minor point to make is that Isis is generally a female name (based off of the Egyptian Goddess), and your lore indicates that he is a male. This isnít at all an issue, but I was curious as to whether that was intentional on your part.
I really like what you tried to convey in the second paragraph, but what you currently have written simply isnít enough, and Iíd recommend that you expand upon it.

Sky Chi:
Quote:
Balance (1/3):Ability is seriously imbalanced (either overpowered or underpowered), and should not exist in its current form

Originality (3/3): Ability is unique and brings something new to LoL

Intuitiveness (3/3): Ability synergizes well with champion role and is easily understood

Total: 7/9
An interesting ability that is somewhat reminiscent of Brandís interaction between Burn and his abilities, it gives the Isis player the option to choose, through their cast order, which effect they want to inflict on their enemies.
The primary concern that I have with this ability is that Lightning Chi and Storm Chi are both currently far better than Mist Chi. This creates a false choice for the player, because they are presented with 3 options, of which only 2 could be considered viable.
My suggestion would be to lower the stun duration on Lightning Chi (1 second AoE stun is really powerful), and to change Mist Chiís effect. Storm Chi is better at dealing damage, and Mist Chi would be in need of an effect to better differentiate itself from the alternatives.

Stimulating Sun:
Quote:
Balance (1/3): Ability is seriously imbalanced (either overpowered or underpowered), and should not exist in its current form
Originality (3/3): Ability is unique and brings something new to LoL
Intuitiveness (3/3): Ability synergizes well with champion role and is easily understood
A pretty straightforward ability, the damage that it deals seems reasonable (provided that it doesnít apply on-hit effect on all enemies struck), and the only potential concern that I forsee is its low cooldown, and potential the amount healed per unit struck.
A 5 second cooldown on an ability that has no mana cost, and that heals the user seems a bit strong, and Iíd recommend that it be increased at least at the early levels.
The heal amount could potentially be too high against secondary targets, but this would probably be more of a late game issue than an early game one.

Rushing Rain:
Quote:
Balance (1/3):Ability is seriously imbalanced (either overpowered or underpowered), and should not exist in its current form
Originality (2/3): Ability differs itself somewhat from existing champion abilities and still adds something to LoL

Total: 6/9
The move speed/attack attack speed gain per unit struck is an interesting mechanic, but your current values make it too weak against a single target, and too strong against a group. Another issue is that this skill has both a dash and a move speed boost, and the two together make for a bit too much mobility in a single skill.
The issue that the move/attack speed per unit struck has with the current value is that striking a single target will only give a measly 8-16% attack speed and 6-10% move speed, while striking a full creep wave + a champion (7 units) will give as much as 56-102% attack speed and 42-70% move speed. The worst case scenario wouldnít even be noticeable, while the better scenario (which isnít even the best case) would make this ability more powerful than Yiís ultimate, Highlander.
My suggestion would be to give the ability a base amount of attack speed, and to either place a cap on the amount Isis can gain from units struck, reduce the amount gained per unit struck, or make it only increase attack speed per enemy champion struck. The move speed seems a bit redundant on a dash ability, but you could keep it, at which point Iíd suggest reducing the dash range.

Dulling Cloud:
Quote:
Balance (2/3): Ability has some minor imbalances that either encourage or discourage the player from choosing it over the other abilities

Originality (2/3): Ability differs itself somewhat from existing champion abilities and still adds something to LoL

The ability is rather straightforward and easy to understand in its effects, but my concern with it lies in its low cooldown. You have a low cd AoE slow/damage over time that a manaless champion can cast from a distance, and this is likely going to cause so issues in-lane.
I would recommend increasing the cooldown, at least at the earlier levels, in order to reduce its effectiveness in-lane.

Heaven to Earth:
Quote:

Total: 6/9
This ability seems to be similar in feel to pantheonís ultimate, but it sacrifices some range in return for a shorter cast time and a far more powerful CC effect.
A pull/implosion effect on a long ranged jump/AoE damage ability seems a bit much, and it would be far too impactful, and too difficult to counter (due to Isis being able to cast it from beyond usual ward range) in its current form. My suggestion would be to either replace the pull effect with a milder CC effect, or significantly reduce the cast range (to no more than 700-1000 range). I would also advise increasing the cast time, as 1 second is very short for a long ranged dash.

Champion (Overall):
Quote:
Balance (1/3): Champion kit is seriously imbalanced (either overpowered or underpowered), and should not exist in its current form

Originality (3/3): Champion kit is unique and brings something new to LoL

Intuitiveness (3/3): Champion's kit has good synergy and is easily understood

Interest (4/5): Champion kit was captivating and effective at drawing in the reader & making them interested in the champion

Total: 7/9 x2 + 4/5 = 18/23
Youíve created a very interesting champion, who has a cool interaction with his innate. My main concerns about him lie with his balance, as certain aspects of his kit are currently too good. He has a lot of AoE damage, and AoE CC to go along with it (a stun, a pull, and a slow), as well as a lot of mobility (a dash + bonus move speed, and a long ranged jump), and these factors combined give him a very heavy presence in teamfights, and little counterplay. Iím confident that youíll be able to balance these factors, as your champion does have some interesting concepts in terms of abilities, and his lore has potential as well if you develop it further.

Final Score: 69/98

I encourage you to raise any concerns you may have about an aspect of my review, be it a particular score you disagree on or an item that you think should/shouldn't be included. I'm still refining the process, and constructive feedback is always welcome. More information about the scoring rubric can be found here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2952952

iam Versatility

01-23-2013

Cool concept but seems way op his passive alone could make for a decent kit lol how do you quantify it just being a passive can you really not see this being played in actual game play not to mention he has no cost so he uses no mana energy rage fury no nothing with 5 sec cd's I feel like you just told me to put a mage that can sit in base and hit people cross the map with point to click spells on a 2 sec cd lol and then each of those spells have another spell used just because of his passive. lets look at other passives shall we lol janna 2% faster move speed to allied champs even if i added up all 5 champs it would only be 10% lol and your champ has like 4 op spells for just its passive lol sorry but i feel like you wasted all our time reading this champ concept with know acutal realization to what game this is