Internet problems and disconnecting only when playing League

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artyom2033

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Did not work for me, I still go from 100ms to 500ms all the time.

LastVoltage

Recruiter

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr dArtagnan View Post
Hey Guys!

Thank you for bringing this issue to the Help and Support Forum! It seems incredibly odd that your internet will lag and disconnect only when League of Legends is active! Let's try to get to the bottom of this issue:

If indeed your entire internet is lagging heavily or completely disconnecting when attempting to play League of Legends, it may be due to our Peer-to-Peer options and programs used to run League of Legends. Please attempt the following steps to attempt to resolve this issue:

1) Disable Peer-to-Peer via the following instructions:

- Open League of Legends Patcher.
- Click on Settings (Gears icon near the top right of the launcher).
- Disable Peer-to-Peer Transfers.
- Save Settings.
- Restart PC

2) Uninstall Pando Media Booster (You directly said you attempted this, but i included it to simply make sure):

- Open the Start Menu.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open "Add or Remove Programs."
- Select "Pando Media Booster."
- Select "Uninstall/Remove" and follow the uninstall procedures.

I hope that this helps resolve your issue! However, if after completing these steps and you are still experiencing issues with League of Legends disconnecting your Internet, please do not hesitate to let me know by creating a new Support Ticket* so we may work with you one-on-one until arriving at a full resolution! Additionally, if you do send us a ticket, make sure the following information is included!

1) NetworkInfo Log: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...etworkinfo-log

2) Network Analysis: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...twork-analysis

3) Process List: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...a-process-list

* Keep in mind that this advice was given based upon the information provided. If you would appreciate a further one-on-one interaction to solve this issue, make sure to send us a Support Ticket! You can send one from here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/tickets/new Also, if you could please provide a link to this forum thread in the new ticket, it would be incredibly helpful!
This would have been nice to know... before I got another suspension for disconnecting at the start of games.

Kaybing

04-10-2013

I'm not sure if it League that is disconnecting my internet, but when I do, it particualrily disconnects my internet. Should I try to reinstall?

A Sproutling

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr dArtagnan View Post
Hey Guys!

Thank you for bringing this issue to the Help and Support Forum! It seems incredibly odd that your internet will lag and disconnect only when League of Legends is active! Let's try to get to the bottom of this issue:

If indeed your entire internet is lagging heavily or completely disconnecting when attempting to play League of Legends, it may be due to our Peer-to-Peer options and programs used to run League of Legends. Please attempt the following steps to attempt to resolve this issue:

1) Disable Peer-to-Peer via the following instructions:

- Open League of Legends Patcher.
- Click on Settings (Gears icon near the top right of the launcher).
- Disable Peer-to-Peer Transfers.
- Save Settings.
- Restart PC

2) Uninstall Pando Media Booster (You directly said you attempted this, but i included it to simply make sure):

- Open the Start Menu.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open "Add or Remove Programs."
- Select "Pando Media Booster."
- Select "Uninstall/Remove" and follow the uninstall procedures.

I hope that this helps resolve your issue! However, if after completing these steps and you are still experiencing issues with League of Legends disconnecting your Internet, please do not hesitate to let me know by creating a new Support Ticket* so we may work with you one-on-one until arriving at a full resolution! Additionally, if you do send us a ticket, make sure the following information is included!

1) NetworkInfo Log: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...etworkinfo-log

2) Network Analysis: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...twork-analysis

3) Process List: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...a-process-list

* Keep in mind that this advice was given based upon the information provided. If you would appreciate a further one-on-one interaction to solve this issue, make sure to send us a Support Ticket! You can send one from here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/tickets/new Also, if you could please provide a link to this forum thread in the new ticket, it would be incredibly helpful!
I'm sure you're a busy busy bee, and might not get back to these, but I was wondering - why exactly do these Media Booster and Peer2Peer programs exist if they aren't exactly necessary? May I ask what do they do and why they exist if they could potentially cause a numerous amount of connection problems?

Each of my past games I've dc'ed w/o actually dcing, and I've now just done the uninstalling/disabling, and I hope that works, 'cause I don't know what else to do.

Blasterboy

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by occasionalHero View Post
why exactly do these Media Booster and Peer2Peer programs exist if they aren't exactly necessary? May I ask what do they do and why they exist if they could potentially cause a numerous amount of connection problems?
I think that Peer2Peer (Just based off the name) sends info to Riot about usage, maybe logging time? But Pando Media Booster, is used mainly as an installer, and that is all it's there for, I have had it with other games I have play, and I never liked it... I had the feeling it did something I didn't like, but I never knew for sure...

Anyway, I have tried this myself as well, and just with the disabling, it seems it has work, though I haven't played a normal game, I am about to do that now, will get back.

Lord of Heretics

05-01-2013

Awesome I'm so happy I found this I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me play on my laptop but now I Know why So that works out Wonderfully!

Pretorix

06-21-2013

As a preface I'm on the same network as someone using the Mac Client and they do not lag at all. My computer lags so hard and disconnects me from the internet whenever I try to connect to an actual game, post champion select. I have port forwarded all appropriate ports, prioritized my computer on the network, uninstalled Pando Media Booster, disabled Peer to Peer and set my wifi router to Channel 1 to no avail. During games my ping will spike between 93 and 20,000+ ping with all settings to low shadows off etc. The Mac Book Air does not spike at all though so I'm under the impression it has something to do with the PC client. Once I close the game client my internet is back up 100% and never lags or drops unless I attempt to play league. Tracerts, Pathping, and Ping in CMD show less than 2ms to my router so I know this is not the issue. PLEASE HELP ME! Any suggestions are welcome but note I am unable to connect without wifi due to logistics.

Zelig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2013

Yes worked for me **** yes riot

Valexin

06-29-2013

This happens to me once in a while...
How do i fix this...

Talactac

07-02-2013

I did everything and I still have an issue. I really wish Riot could fix this. I would really love to play but I would go so mad when i Disconnect in middle of rank game. Please Riot resolve and issue.