I can't decide what champion to buy!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Warranty

09-20-2012

Alright so twisted fate is off the list for now. What I'm going to try to get is.... Akali, and then Ahri if I ever get that rich.

Also, I've heard no comments about Malzahar or w/e. He looks similar to to teemo, in terms of clearing crowds of minions and being extremely useful at turret since his basic attacks summon minions. I asked someone in game, he said the summonings aren't as great as I think it is.... is that true?

Quazifuji

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenShotX View Post
Oooh malzahar looks neat. Now I have to decide between.... Malzahar, Akali, and maybe Nocturne since I heard it's a tanky assassin.
If you're interested in tanky assassins, Irelia and Diana are both worth looking into. Both are sort of bruiser-assassins who have great gap-closers and can dish out lots of damage while still not being too squishy (although both are somewhat lacking in escape tools). I know Diana's playstyle gets compared a lot to Akali's, although I haven't played Akali so I can't comment on that from first-hand experience (they do seem somewhat similar in that they both have ranged pokes and chainable gap-closers for their ultimates - Akali has stealth and is mana-less, but Diana has a shield and a pull-and-slow).

I've never played Malzahar, but the general impression I get is that he's got great waveclearing, poke, and insane burst damage. His full-combo can 100-0 just about anything if he manages to land his ult on an enemy while they're in his pool, since the pool's damage is based on the enemy's health. His main downsides seem to be that his silence thing can be tricky to land and his ult gets countered by Quicksilver Sash. People usually don't mention his voidlings when talking about his power, but when I've played against him I've found them to be a pain to deal with. So I would guess they're nice but not his main feature, but I can't say for sure.

Also, another thing to note with Akali is that it's generally recommended that she have her own runepage to activate both parts of her passive with no items. If you're still under level 20 I wouldn't worry about this too much - I've seen Akalis dominate pre-20, it's not like she's useless without the specialized rune page - but it is something you might need to deal with if you end up becoming a huge fan and want to use her a lot at higher levels. Granted, if that happens it probably means she was a good purchase anyway.

Ahri's fun and considered very powerful, although she is very skillshot dependent. You have to get good at landing her charm and orb to really be good with her.

No Warranty

09-20-2012

Runes.... I haven't really done ANYTHING on that. 2k/3.3k! Only 1.3k more to gooo.

lastchancexi

09-21-2012

Right now, I think Katarina is better than Akali, and I think they have the similar squishy assassin type playstyle with high mobility.

Shiny Eevee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesot View Post
Akali is loads of fun. Of those 3, Ahri has the most viability at the moment.

I was anti Corki for the same reason. Then I broke down and got him. He's my primary ADC now. Still wish he had a skin that didn't suck ass (missed out on Red Baron, which is solid).
You think Urfrider Corki 'sucks ass'? And Red Baron Corki is solid? lol XD

No Warranty

09-21-2012

Katarina looks decent too, but I heard so much positive things about Akali in this thread and stoof, so I guess i'll try Akali.

xpl0de88

09-21-2012

twitch, build zeal the IE -> PD to start. by far my fav champ

No Warranty

09-22-2012

I was just fighting in a 3v3. We had a yi, me(Teemo), and a Warwick. Our summoner levels were 6, 6, and 9(Me). Our opponents summoner levels were 14,19,and 15. They were using some really expensive champions, Fizz, Diana, and Sylvis or something. Sylvis didn't do much. The Diana did great but I couldn't see much of her since she left my lane. Fizz was the MOST OVERPOWERED thing ever. It was super fast and just annihilated me......

Is this because that character is good early in the game? Or because the summoner was experienced? Or is it because Teemo is really weak against Fizz? It seems to me that the 6k characters are really really strong.

Dunnyworld

03-15-2013

Aww, cmon Corki is an awesome adc
i mean, hes a yordle like teemo too :P