I can't decide what champion to buy!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Warranty

09-19-2012

I have a teemo so far, and i'm LOVING the movement speed, and invisible mushrooms, and fast attack speed.

So far the characters that I found cool are Akali, Ahri, and Twisted Fate.

I don't like tanks or fighters. What should I save up for!? Can someone list me their opinions on these three characters? Akali looks slow but her ult seems pretty amazing, Ahri looks kinda fast but expensive and mana dependent, twisted fate doesn't seem to have alot of attack abilities. I want to be able to destroy enemy champions with speed, like I do on my Teemo. Any other recommendations as well?

Chingalling

09-19-2012

akali is good fun, doesnt use mana and tends to do really well as long as you start off okay

never played ahri but she seems to be a pretty good ap mid with a useful dash

tf is more of a counter pick but if you get fed he can be a very good champion and his tele can really surprise people

another champ that you may like is draven, takes some getting use to but he is hard to gank because of his w (movement speed) and e (knocks to side and slows). he can have amazing damageoutput and chasing ability with his q (spinning blade) and w. and great ulti to finish people off. hes not easy but as long as you play it safe early game you will do well.

MuhGeeSher

09-19-2012

Akali is extremely good if played well. As mentioned abovee, she doesn't use any mana.
Ahri is really mobile and that ult makes her almost impossible to kill, and she can kill you at your turret and escape fairly easy. ( if the player knows what they're doing )
Twisted Fate is fun. No mana issues, can gank top/bottom without the enemies expecting it ( you can also gank with your jungle . +2 man gank is quite nasty ), The only downside to TF is that you have to be quick to pick your card.

For some reason, Kog'Maw reminds me of Teemo. You can build shredding items and totally rape.

nwsm

09-19-2012

It sounds like you want an AD carry like Ashe, Graves, Corki, etc. Ranged champions that use attack damage. You'll be squishy but do massive consistent damage.

No Warranty

09-19-2012

So far i'm leaning towards getting Akali for now, then saving up for 6.3k to get Ahri. I'll check draven in a bit... I already got a feel for TF from the free characters this week, so I wanna try the others.

EDIT: @Above: Well... I love ashe. I don't know graves, and I don't like corki because of that airplane he rides... lol

nwsm

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenShotX View Post
So far i'm leaning towards getting Akali for now, then saving up for 6.3k to get Ahri. I'll check draven in a bit... I already got a feel for TF from the free characters this week, so I wanna try the others.

EDIT: @Above: Well... I love ashe. I don't know graves, and I don't like corki because of that airplane he rides... lol
I'd advise you against Draven. I just don't like him. Here are some good champions that aren't adcs:

Galio
Malzahar
Fizz

By saying you don't want a fighter or bruiser you've basically narrowed yourself down to mid and adc, but by the champions you like it seems you're leaning towards mid.

No Warranty

09-19-2012

Oooh malzahar looks neat. Now I have to decide between.... Malzahar, Akali, and maybe Nocturne since I heard it's a tanky assassin.

Jesot

09-19-2012

Akali is loads of fun. Of those 3, Ahri has the most viability at the moment.

I was anti Corki for the same reason. Then I broke down and got him. He's my primary ADC now. Still wish he had a skin that didn't suck ass (missed out on Red Baron, which is solid).

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Looks like you're still in that phase of the game where you play whatever champion you like at the moment in whichever lane you end up in, which is fine for a pre-30, blind PvP or AI player. I did that too when I first started, which is why I have Tryndamere - a champion who is now utterly useless to me, as I don't play top lane if it can be avoided, and I have many better junglers.

It's great for now, but you'll want to look toward eventually updating your roster to effectively play Draft games, which means you'll want to learn the meta and be capable of playing multiple roles.

Teemo is a decent start, as he can be an effective counter to alot of melee top lane champs, and can fill the AD carry role until you pick up an actual AD carry.

Akali will probably offer the most versatility of the champs you listed, since she can run both top and mid effectively. TF is primarily a mid, and while I've seen him played ADC or even support, it's not quite as effective, while Ahri is pretty much mid only.

Other champions you might consider for versatility include Nunu(Jungle/Support/Top), Alistar(very effective support or jungle), Ezreal and Kog'Maw(both capable of AP mid or AD carry), or Warwick(great for learning the jungler role, and also capable of playing top).

Good luck.

Edit: Just saw a later post by you - Nocturne is not tanky. Yes, he can be built with durability, but overall he's one of the squishier jungles. If you want tankiness in the jungle, Malphite, Maokai, and Udyr are great picks. Nocturne has his uses, and can be jungled effectively, but he's nowhere near as durable as other junglers.

Andromeada

09-20-2012

Fiora - 'nuff said.

(ok I know you don't like fighters but try her... you will not be disappointed - especially if you play tanky early game)