Galio Ultimate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayAche

09-22-2010

Problems with Galio's Ultimate

1. Too Easily interrupted- Honestly "IMO" if Galio or NuNu's channeled Ulti's are interrupted, I believe they should do scaleable damage. Fiddle has a channeled ultimate, but he is able to move while his ultimate is in progress. Which enables him to do much more damage. You rarely EVER see someone run up to a fiddle and silence him during his ulti, because it's so **** deadly. Whereas Galio's ultimate is canceled almost 9/10 times and does nothing.

2. Cleansed- The summoner spell "CLEANSE" needs to go. This summoner spell completely ruins ultimates such as; Warwick's, Galio's, NuNu's, Amumu's, and Morde's. Which in high level ELO, makes these champs almost COMPLETELY USELESS! In trying to balance out champs, the developers need to remember... Channeling ult's will ALWAYS be interrupted, rendering them useless.

3. Damage not inflicted- For the longest time I've thought Galio's ultimate wasn't damaging people with sheilds on them. However, I've realized... when people attempt to run out of Galio's ultimate or flash out, and are caught on the outside ring of the ultimate, the recieve "NO" damage. Which leads to being almost completely unable to hit ranged carries.

4. Channeling the Ultimate- Channeling the ultimate takes an awefully long time, during late game however... No matter how much armor you stack on Galio, if they have a solid carry... Like a tryndamere, yi, or gangplank... You end up dead by the end of the ultimate anyway.

3. Abilities that can destroy ultimates;
Blitzcrank's Grab
Blitzcranks Ultimate
Blitzcrank's pound
Garen's Silence
Kassadin's Null Void
Alistar's Headbut
Alistar's Floorpound
Amumu's Ultimate
Amumu's Bandage Toss
Annie's Passive
Ashe's Ultimate
ChoGath's Rupture
Evelynn's Passive
Fiddlestick's Fear
Garen's Silence
Gragas' Ultimate
Janna's Ultimate
Jax's Counterstrike
Kennen's Passive
Kennen's Ultimate
Malphite's Ultimate
Malzahar's Ultimate
Morgana's Ultimate
Morgana's Snare
NuNu's Ultimate
Pantheon's Stun
Poppy's Devastating Blow
Shen's Taunt
Singed's Toss
Sion's Stun
Sona's Ultimate
Soraka's Silence
Taric's Stun
Tristana's Buster Shot
Udyr's Stun
Veigar's Stun
Warwick Ultimate

Other disablers
Mercury Treads
Quicksilver Sash
Cleanse
Banshee's Veil
etc...

If you watch this video... Keep an eye on "EZREAL"... Who is in the taunt and recieves no damage...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofiUb...layer_embedded

Honestly, either his Ultimate needs a huge re-work, or something needs to be done to make the ultimate more viable.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

09-22-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Are you sure it wasn't a delayed projectile (ie: Kassadin's Null Sphere or Malzahar's Call of the Void)?

JayAche

09-22-2010

100% sure...
I flashed onto Garen earlier today and instantly ult'd and he Silenced me after about a second of channeling.

Its been a re-occuring thing....
There are also times where the ultimate doesn't damage some of the people inside it.

I cast the ultimate, as the people are walking out... it pulls them into the border.. and the ones "ON" the border, recieve no damage.

JayAche

09-22-2010

Also just got silenced by a blitz during my ult...
Shouldnt be possible during a taunt

Khalahn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

Garen may have prepped his silence as soon as you used Flash, since his is an on next autoattack thing. Otherwise, it could be people with Merc. Treads, Cleanse, or an abilities to remove CC from themselves.

JayAche

09-22-2010

Also another instance....
Enemies don't take damage on the outside ring of the taunt.... Even when they ARE taunted.

TimeScar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

In my opinion Garen is the reason Galio will never be viable in ranked.

Galio's Ult is more easily interrupted than Nunu's

JayAche

09-23-2010

That's exactly what I'm saying TimeScar...
9 times out of 10 when my Ultimate is cast it gets stopped by someone who should not be able to stop it...

If I get stunned by someone outside the ultimate, the ultimate still does the damage... If I get silenced it does nothing... Yet somehow even when I get the "SILENCERS" inside the ultimate I still get silenced.

That's what I don't like about Channeling Ults..

Norph

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpThemTahTahs View Post
That's what I don't like about Channeling Ults..
That's the risk vs reward inherent in channeled spells. You risk it getting interrupted for the reward of doing a lot of damage if it doesn't. At least when you force the enemy team to waste their stuns on you it ensures they wont be used on your carries.

It sounds like there might be times when Galio's Ult should be doing damage where it isn't but don't take that out on all channeled Ults.

Norph

09-23-2010

Watched the video more closely, Ezreal is pretty clearly outside of the ring of the ult so he shouldn't have been taunted anyway. It's entirely possible he just turned around to attack right when the ult started.