Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laughertydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

09-20-2012

so glad this has been done it has been long overdue imo gj riot do more!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightmagician60

Senior Member

09-20-2012

let the avatar jokes commence!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reebdoog

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagginator View Post
Not just pushing Soraka to the side?!??! This is a fate worse than obscurity! At least the Trundle fans still have their lame champion intact! Soraka is being retconned out of existence, how can you say Riot cares about Soraka at all?
Have you not noticed that they have been giving love to some of the older champions that actually need it? Soraka was one that needed a remake and they gave it to her. It tells me that they are doing their job and listening to the fans because we have been loud and proud about remaking Soraka. Why would I complain about them actually doing it? All thats left for her is a new skin and from what I have gathered, they have listened to us in that regard as well. So in my eyes, your point is moot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlameOnEddie

Junior Member

09-20-2012

Please remake Nocturne's clasic skin now! (: THANKS RIOT! KEEP IT UP!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUltimate3

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
we intend to use these visual updates to renew all of a champion's assets that are significantly behind the times. for example, ashe had new models for all of her skins except for amethyst which only needed a proportions adjustment (iirc).

to the point: soraka's dryad and divine skins received the same treatment as her base, and now the critical task of picking your favorite begins. :3
And word of her receiving a new skin with this rework...?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimHonk

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamtigers

Junior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
Did you not read the in-depth thoughts from the last several pages of your post? Those who loved her as one of their favorites don't like this update. They wanted a visual update, not a transformation into just another anime girl. We like her old style of artwork. I also like smooth young sexy champs, but this is too much. Please don't change the visual style about Soraka that makes her unique to other champs. Again, we want an update, not a re-design.
yeah I... almost feel like they're just ignoring us because we're the ones who were ALREADY invested in the character so they already made their money off of us. plus we aren't the majority. *** appeal is what nets them more RP I guess, even though they could just make more characters for that. Soraka is only 450 ip so I don't understand why they need to 'streamline' her like this... if it was a new skin it wouldn't bother me so much because then I can just choose not to care about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheEnygma

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
The Banana is in-tact, and looking better than ever.
by the way.......whats your avatar? That was a LONG time ago since we've seen that and still dont know what it is


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZombieCakes

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebdoog View Post
Have you not noticed that they have been giving love to some of the older champions that actually need it? Soraka was one that needed a remake and they gave it to her. It tells me that they are doing their job and listening to the fans because we have been loud and proud about remaking Soraka. Why would I complain about them actually doing it? All thats left for her is a new skin and from what I have gathered, they have listened to us in that regard as well. So in my eyes, your point is moot.
You call this love? To me, it's like they just got rid of the Soraka we all know and love, just to replace her with a younger version. This Soraka doesn't make me feel safe at all, I feel like she'll just be clumsy with her spells and miss every heal. Where's the sweet, caring, wise Soraka we held so dearly?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reebdoog

Senior Member

09-20-2012

I do have to admit that I don't think she looks an "Ionian" as she should, with the yellow Ionian markings and detail on her staff. Thats the only thing that is disappointing me. Other than that what I said in earlier posts remains true..