Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

melgna

09-25-2012

All I can hope is that her skins and splash art are not as absolutely horrendous as what we have been previewed with is so far.

Anduthrandir

09-25-2012

Finally. Of all the champions lately given a facelift, I think she was the one who needed it the most... her hair looked like a spinal cord and we could barely see her face. hehe!

HelSkadi

09-25-2012

OMG Thank You Riot I wont have to look at my soraka and think why does she have coton balls or clay lumps for hair every time she runs in a match

Moose1be

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduthrandir View Post
Finally. Of all the champions lately given a facelift, I think she was the one who needed it the most... her hair looked like a spinal cord and we could barely see her face. hehe!
spinal cord? looked like a set of sextoys for the rear

Dasick

09-25-2012

You know Riot, not every female character needs to have

a) the same "moe" face oval
b) the same body shape

A little diversity goes a long way.

Not to knock on the artists, but superimposing hooves on top of existing "90-60-90 teenager" model doesn't count as something radically new.

EDIT: Re: Soraka The Starchild: if you bother to read the lore, that is an honorary title bestowed upon Soraka, ordinary person at the time, for her ability to channel the energy of stars. She de-evolved into the unicorn we know today because she cursed Warwick to become a werewolf (ie, used her powers for evil). Being a mature, studied woman, fits her backstory better :P

Also, this comparison, is actually not accurate. The current image of Soraka is closer to this.

AshleyTheNeko

09-25-2012

The first time I saw Soraka I thought she was a velociraptor.

IIMeruII

09-25-2012

when is it comming though i just love the new look i need to know!

XsirXpsychoXsexy

09-25-2012

wish ppl would stfu and quit *****ing about everything Riot does.....if you dont like it go play another game because we dont want you here.

OnePieceGeek

09-25-2012

T_T No more side boob!?! xD

Looks good though, I think changing her weapon to a staff is a good move, suites her a lot more than her old weapon. <.< Though to be honest I'm not looking forward to fighting more Sorakas...She's kind of an obnoxious support.

Bloodycarrot

09-25-2012

I want my taric get a visual upgrade as well~!