Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Æsir

09-20-2012

Awful. I'm being honest when I say I'm really not satisied with this at all. You completely screwed up the legs, they look rediculous now. They lack the definition of her old legs and the transition from human to animal looks like it's just stiched together; it really just looks like she's wearing an ugly pair of boots. Her splash art also makes her look way to young, if I saw that'd I think she was 15. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work you do but this isn't Soraka.

Reebdoog

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtigers View Post
I am someone "complaining" about new soraka. I LOVED Ashe's rework. They made everything about her new model and art gorgeous and she still felt like the same character. They even made me 100% glad I got queen Ashe instead of amethyst Ashe a few months before because they fixed Queen's mismatched walk animation!

Our problem isn't that they changed her. Out problem is that they changed herso much she doesn't even look or feel like the same person. I'm SORRY that it bugs us that apparantly every female needs to be visually appealing by societies standards so that people who are attracted to females can get off over it even though men can beas varied as they want, from feminine "Bishie" like Ezreal to someone like say, Urgot. (I don't like looking at urgot, but I'd be hella pissed if they suddenly decided to make him pretty too)
I respect your opinion and I am pleased that you didn't go off the deep end about me liking the changes. My whole point is that many many many people asked for the changes they made because of this reason: She is a very well made champion but her old splash art was ugly and unappealing. That was the message people sent to Riot and they delivered on it. I actually prefer the legs on her because it kinda changes my perception in a good way of what she is supposed to look like. The backwards legs like an actual goat was ugly to me. The only thing I'm not liking about it is the Ionian style detail is missing from her staff and the color of those details on her body are hard to see, compared to the bright yellow it was before. But I am not asking them to change it because the fact they even cared enough to rework her was good enough for me. Now I will get to play a cool looking Soraka rather than an old ugly goat. Its all perception.

Sarahka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

omg..i thought would never happen! i could show my **** just bc i love you guys so much!
AMAZING! THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS!

CCC Powerhead

09-20-2012

I can fap to this.-

Coriene

09-20-2012

She looks like some my little pony bull**** now.

IFapToUrgotNudes

09-20-2012

she better still throw bananas.

Circana

Recruiter

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
[aws2=news/September_2012/2012_09_19_Soraka_Reveal/Soraka_splash.jpg]news/September_2012/2012_09_19_Soraka_Reveal/Soraka_splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

We’re thrilled to announce that the stars have aligned and Soraka will soon be receiving a massive visual upgrade. Her classic look and skins will feature all-new models with revamped animations, visual effects and VO along with stunning splash art to introduce you to her new look.

[aws2=news/September_2012/2012_09_19_Soraka_Reveal/Soraka_comic.jpg]news/September_2012/2012_09_19_Soraka_Reveal/Soraka_comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]
Thank goodness... That's why I stopped playing her..:3 wooh!

TheWheatOne

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvren View Post
True enough. I may have slightly misread your post earlier. It is a shame that not everyone can be satisfied, but it's the truth. But at very least for non-likers her in-game model is more up-to-date and fluid. Thanks for being civil though disagreeing.
Thanks to you too. I actually have been upvoting a lot of people that gave detailed reasons to why they liked this change, even if I personally didn't like it for those very reasons. Anyway, as long as no one attacks another person just for their thoughts, I'm okay with all the discussion in these posts.

Kizeru

09-20-2012

WHEN ARE YOU GUYS IMPLEMENTING THIS REWORK? I can't wait I can't I JUST CAN'T OGM

King GrimPhenom

09-20-2012

I can fap to this... sorta