New Spin on Guardian Angel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

09-20-2012

If Revive was removed as a summoner spell then it would be useless on Dominion since the improved Revive mastery is too important.

Currently GA prevents carries from getting instagibbed by assassins before they can do anything. Moving Revive to GA would make GA useless on SR.

If the current effect of GA was changed from passive to an active it would be too good. There would need to be some warning that the target is going to Revive or some extremely short window to activate it (or it would need to be toggled before you actually die).

Overall, I see too many problems with this idea. Revive should just be removed altogether, as it's overpowered on Dom and useless on SR.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
An akali who camps bottom lane forever? was it konf? I bet it was.
It was! Though I can't blame him, bot lane was Ezrael vs Anivia, and as good as Elalya is, that match up is extremely in favor of Anivia post-6.

Quote:
Wouldn't people just take garrison in Revive's place? With the option to still build the GA, of course.
Quote:
^ The only problem with this idea is I don't think guardian angel would be an optional build item, and cash is already pretty limited on Dominion.
Possibly, but at least they would need to invest heavily into Revive at this point. Again, it is just a thought i had, thought i'd throw out there.

The Jade Fist

09-20-2012

It would be better if you could pick when to revive from GA.
But on the topic of revive in dominion, getting back up and speed boost is good and all, but a 10 minute cd spell on game made where matches can be as short as 11 minutes to max 20. Revives viablity as a whole is pretty pathetic more so simply cause its cool down is just so high. You basicly can only use it once a game, which could be the difference between winning and loosing late game, but you I feel like there is alot more use out of say exhaust or garrison. At least thats the way i feel about it, granted it makes more sense on dominion to grab it then other modes.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

They tested a set of boots called Yordle stompers with a flash active.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Yordle_Stompers

MyDeadGrandma

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jade Fist View Post
But on the topic of revive in dominion, getting back up and speed boost is good and all, but a 10 minute cd spell on game made where matches can be as short as 11 minutes to max 20. Revives viablity as a whole is pretty pathetic more so simply cause its cool down is just so high. You basicly can only use it once a game, which could be the difference between winning and loosing late game, but you I feel like there is alot more use out of say exhaust or garrison. At least thats the way i feel about it, granted it makes more sense on dominion to grab it then other modes.
You must be new here.

Orphane

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jade Fist View Post
What am I reading?

Phourc

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Possibly, but at least they would need to invest heavily into Revive at this point. Again, it is just a thought i had, thought i'd throw out there.
I think a lot of it would have to do with Riot's design philosophy regarding summoner spells and items, and, really, it's kind of a confusing mess.

Like - Why are ignite and cleanse on items but not exhaust, flash, garrison, etc? Hell, why is item-cleanse so much better than summoner-cleanse?

I don't think Riot really has a concise plan as to what their items are or should be doing, which will (hopefully) come with some of the item changes in S3.