Att Speed vs. Flat Damage runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lust4KittenBlood

09-19-2012

I accidentally used my jungle page (att speed marks and quints, armor yellows, and magic armor blues) on one of my top lane champs (Darius) and found the was a nice buff. I could still last hit, and since I had better attackspeed I could get to last hits quicker. I was wondering what the community thinks about using att speed instead of flat damage runes?

My nigguh totoro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

you can go m.pen and dairus will still rape

Suyasi

09-19-2012

It's good to find a nice balance, but Darius doesn't rely on attack speed at all.

AD > Attack Speed in almost all cases, but if the character has something that they need attackspeed to play effectively, the value of Attack Speed goes up, but it almost never goes above or even equal.

Azuredragon653

09-19-2012

Attack speed runes are terrible.

Alexandra Avdey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Well, Darius actually gives a d*mn about having some extra AS early, unlike most top bruisers.

Lust4KittenBlood

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra Avdey View Post
Well, Darius actually gives a d*mn about having some extra AS early, unlike most top bruisers.
Yea, you could get bleed stacks faster, which is a great thing for early game darius.

Angie Varona

09-19-2012

Your skills scale off AD, but yes AS will help you apply more DoT stacks.

You could do the math, say how much damage will darius do over 10 seconds? 20 seconds? (I cant remember how long his DoT lasts, but after 3 or however many hits you'll reach a steady state with you DoT) Now note this will only take into account your AA damage. Try and do the math over a time period if the AS AA gives you significantly more dps. Think about going through your whole skill line with AS runes and then AA, most skills reset your autoattack keep that in mind.

Math will help you make a lot of good decisions in league, and generally involves only a little addition and multiplication.

Asmonok

09-19-2012

Honestly the main reason that AD runes are used is to make last hitting a little easier and for the little bit of extra damage when trading blows. However all rune pages really come down to personal preference. So if you keep testing it out and find it better for your style then by all means have at it.

Dukodeath

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Latios View Post
you can go m.pen and dairus will still rape
That's funny because Darius isn't good.

Mhm916

09-19-2012

Difference being... AS runes gives you auto attack damage boost over time. AD gives you auto attack damage boost AND all of your AD scaling skills which is 3 out of 4 Darius skills.