Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is there supposed to b a 15 min dodge penalty in blind DOM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

09-19-2012

Quote:
FDru:
Ha. Ha.

this, but more like this:

Muahahahahhahahahaahahhahaahhahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahah......................................................................................................................ahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahahahaahahahhaahhahahaahahah

Nyx87

09-19-2012

Quote:
FDru:
I like your logic. Let me turn it around on you and say "it isn't ranked, just play the ****ing game and don't worry if you might lose".

FDru brings a smile to my face often.

lbgsloan

09-19-2012

It's funny because I had a game the other day where the enemy team had a Mundo who absolutely rocked everyone. I bet you would have dodged him while taking the Darius we had that went 2/14.

A good player is worth more than an OP on your team, but you'll never know that if you dodge everyone who picks something below god tier.

omninull

09-19-2012

A dodge penalty in dominion is completely bogus and unwarranted.
I'm typically left with having choosing a champion that attempts to match the composition of the team (and sometimes there's just no saving yourself from a bad comp and bad game) because everyone wants to play jumpy attacky bursty champs that get countered by thornmail.
And before people start putting absolutely trite and nonsensical words in my mouth, I play a variety of champions in this game and play them well. I've done well with Mundo, Veiger, and other champions that are perceived to be weak in dominion, and I don't leave games because someone picks a particular champion...

BeefJerkyHunter

09-19-2012

Quote:
omninull:
A dodge penalty in dominion is completely bogus and unwarranted.
I'm typically left with having choosing a champion that attempts to match the composition of the team

My god, you have try to play as a champion that helps your team instead of having the "me" factor? Who would've thought that?

omninull

09-19-2012

Quote:
BeefJerkyHunter:
My god, you have try to play as a champion that helps your team instead of having the "me" factor? Who would've thought that?

Excellent job on making assumptions, friend. Didn't I specifically say not to put words in my mouth? I don't mind switching champions to better fit the team, but when it consistently rests on me to budge and switch game after game, it'd be nice if other people pick up the ball once in a while.

HaIfhearted

09-19-2012

Quote:
omninull:
Excellent job on making assumptions, friend. Didn't I specifically say not to put words in my mouth? I don't mind switching champions to better fit the team, but when it consistently rests on me to budge and switch game after game, it'd be nice if other people pick up the ball once in a while.

You should go back to Summoners Rift then, where you can just pick whatever champion you wa... oh wait, looks like we need a support.

Just focus on improving yourself, so you can carry your way to a higher (hidden) elo where teamcomps are *usually* a bit better.
Although even at 2.2k+ elo you still see the worst comps imaginable.

Hell, its WORSE up here because not only do you know that the comp is bad, but you also know exactly *why* it is bad, and your opponents are much more likely to know this as well and stomp it.

omninull

09-19-2012

Quote:
HaIfhearted:

Hell, its WORSE up here because not only do you know that the comp is bad, but you also know exactly *why* it is bad, and your opponents are much more likely to know this as well and stomp it.

Yes, that's my point exactly. I'll have teams have really questionable picks, warn them of counters to our lineup, and sometimes people repick, because they just weren't paying attention to what was on the team, others ignore you, and others simply lock in and/or troll or someone tells me how team composition doesn't matter in dominion. Most games are 'ok' but sometimes I'll get a string of games where it's beyond me how level 30 players with a decent number of dom games under their belt make the choices they do.

GET REKT FGT

09-19-2012

Quote:
omninull:
Yes, that's my point exactly. I'll have teams have really questionable picks, warn them of counters to our lineup, and sometimes people repick, because they just weren't paying attention to what was on the team, others ignore you, and others simply lock in and/or troll or someone tells me how team composition doesn't matter in dominion. Most games are 'ok' but sometimes I'll get a string of games where it's beyond me how level 30 players with a decent number of dom games under their belt make the choices they do.

You do know he's not agreeing with you, right?

Phourc

09-19-2012

Dear Original Poster,

People like you are why we wanted that queue dodge penalty so badly.

Sincerely,
Dominion Community