Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

S3 Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Drew

09-19-2012

Perhaps in season 3 we could change the champion banning system in ranked. We should all agree that as more champions are released its only fair to have a proportionally increasing number of bans. One way to accomplish this while increasing fairness and teamwork during champion select is to allow each team member to ban one champion rather than the team captain you are randomly queued with making all of the choices. What do you think?

Rovert10

09-19-2012

Still going to be the same champions banned over and over. Wouldn't make a huge difference except in competitive play.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

09-19-2012

Zileas went into this a bit in another thread. You should continue the discussion there I think.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2536873&highlight=4th+ban

Phoenix Rong

09-19-2012

I always ask my team mates if they want anything specific banned (or not banned, if we're first pick). Generally it's the same champs unless we want to do a specific comp, I don't think it would really change anything.

Mister Drew

09-19-2012

Quote:
Griftrix:
Zileas went into this a bit in another thread. You should continue the discussion there I think.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2536873&highlight=4th+ban

Thanks for the response. However that thread relates to banning in a very broad manner while I am suggesting a very specific change. Also I am so far from Zileas on this subject that its not his attention I really need. He seems to think that bans are mainly needed to get rid of OP champs while that is clearly not the case. He also makes irrational comparisons like "itd be like banning Kobe against the Lakers." I'm more interested in the community's thoughts.

Felaedor

09-19-2012

Quote:
drewrox:
He also makes irrational comparisons like "itd be like banning Kobe against the Lakers."

I'd posit that it'd make the strategic variation in basketball a lot more interesting if they could.

Gaeta

09-19-2012

Quote:
drewrox:
We should all agree that as more champions are released its only fair to have a proportionally increasing number of bans.

Why?