MetaMindgame: No Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirodir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-19-2012

Before I say ANYTHING you need to know: This is not a suggestion, just a mindgame.

Imagine if the neutrals in the jungle were all hard as f*ck and only a handful of champs will be able to actually deal with them at around level 6...if their masteries/itembuild fits.

How do you imagine the most successful teamcomp under those conditions?

rumples

09-19-2012

they would have to be worth a lot more or nobody would bother

EvilPenguinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

toplane now has a 0CS roamer.

Shadowy1

09-19-2012

Either A. the creeps would be worth enough you would bring a junglable champ and have them leech xp off a lane until they could jungle, or B. they are not worth enough and you get duo lanes or roamers. Probably roamers as many champs can 2v1 successfully and having someone not always in a lane is good for map pressure.

Docta Grim

09-19-2012

fiddles/udyr/ww back in the game

Kamai

09-19-2012

Nunu and Amumu would get very popular as low CS roamers, because if they can get boots and some gold, they could just grab a chain vest (or cloth + null magic, if part of the change makes the camps do magic damage), and their kits will just let them actually damage camps rather quickly, maybe even bypassing the camps being impossible before 6.

Mids may generally be less aggressive and less able to roam because Blue buff may be impossible for 2 people to grab early, making high AP builds very high risk, and maybe hitting many mages' mid-game too hard. I think globals are going to basically turn into a permaban/pick, as one of the few effective ways to fix a losing lane. Also, this will make teleport a much more powerful spell for laning, probably enough to necessitate hard nerfs.

Bottom lane basically doesn't need wards early unless people put the 0cs roamers mid. Any wards that bot lane does get can be used for bush control, making it much harder for the kill-lane supports (Blitz, Leona, Taric, Naut) to be successful.

Prontus

09-19-2012

Double jungle op

seredhras

09-19-2012

To be able to shut out Warwick, Udyr, and Nunu out of the jungle if they wanted to jungle would be incredibly hard and probably mean that most other champions would be incapable of jungling until level 10-15 with specific item builds

Augratafier

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirodir View Post
Before I say ANYTHING you need to know: This is not a suggestion, just a mindgame.

Imagine if the neutrals in the jungle were all hard as f*ck and only a handful of champs will be able to actually deal with them at around level 6...if their masteries/itembuild fits.

How do you imagine the most successful teamcomp under those conditions?
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. What if they made the jungle so hard that no individual champion could jungle at level 1, but 2 could? To compensate, they buff the exp/gold gain, and, possibly, allow the gold to be split among those who got experience. I haven't fully fleshed out the idea, but that's where my concept is starting.

Sybil Cut

09-19-2012

Sooo... like original jungle, back before anyone could do it. Back then, having a jungler was more of a convenience than a necessity.