Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You have to play PVP mode or uninstall

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leblonjames

09-19-2012

i dont have fun playing vs bot because i end up with 30-0 every game what ever champion i take. thats why people play PVP because theres a challenge.

FDru

09-19-2012

It doesn't matter. I think playing against strictly bots is stupid but I managed to do it for about 4 months. When SR turned into farmfest burnoutville I just needed a long break but still wanted to play LoL.

Winktoblink

09-19-2012

Quote:
Vivicide:
your claim that everyone outside of co op rages and ping spam and that there is always a 4v5 is outright false, im happy you dont play pvp, you have the makings of a typical toxic player. if you enter a game expecting what you just said, you are more prone to rage about it.

I wouldn't say he's a toxic player at all if he himself does not troll or purposely lower other's enjoyment of the game. I do agree that he did make a large generalization. Sure those things do happen, but it's no where near every game even though sometimes it feels like it.

People need to stop using the word "toxic" incorrectly. There are much better words to choose from :/

Alexandra Avdey

09-19-2012

I ran into a 4-man BR premade last night in Co-op for my FWotD.

They were actually pretty good with their farm-denial job they did on me, but in the end they let me win because they "liked me" and I "was chill." I think that being chill is the one skill that you can learn in Co-op and take with you to the PvP game.

B1GW00DY613

Recruiter

09-19-2012

I used to pretty much only play bots (and only as teemo) for the longest time. Then I started playing with some more friends and we did more pvp, started out as 3v3 games, which taught me more about playing with people, and the agressiveness level. And now I play a lot of 5v5, where I can half ass play and do well enough. And when I play ranked (only duo really) I can hold my own in my ****ty elo and I can force people to carry pretty well.

Honestly co-op is still fun (i play with friends to get a first win) but it isn't as intense and as play making as pvp is. Which that just means that I find the trade of chill people for intense game isn't worth it, but other people do. But I also play with a premade group of people most of the time, so I rarely deal with jerks on my team.

Hypochondria9

09-19-2012

I seen people rage in bot games. I remember someone picking vlad and going mid and getting stomped by fiddlesticks bot, after dying 6 times he told everyone they sucked then ragequit.

Melon Reaper

09-19-2012

Quote:
Melogrunty:
Co-op mode has only people that rage and ping spam... It's cool to knock Co-op players. Pvp is chilled out with no rage and fun because of those traits.

I agree with you.

Kugnea

09-19-2012

If you want to only play co-op, that's fine.

Just keep in mind, when you do (IF you do) decide to switch over to PVP, make sure you create a new account. Nothing worse than a level 30 with like 14 normal wins in a game with people ranging from 150-200 wins because of the massive amount of bot games haha.
You will simply get stomped and so will your team.

Corother

09-19-2012

I enjoy playing bot games and I don't mind to do PvP. I mostly use bot games to screw around or test new builds though.

Dante Brimscone

09-19-2012

AI games have far, far, far better teamwork and coordination than PVP games. People are chill and helpful. I've maybe had a handful that have raged in AI games and every time every one else just makes fun of them for raging in a bot game (as opposed to raging back, which happens 100% of the time in PVPs).

That said, bots are a joke, even on intermediate. Unless three or more of you are first timing difficult champs you simply won't lose. It won't even be close.

So, it's a choice of do you want to play with people that don't make the next 40 minutes miserable or play against actual competition? Can't have both.