Make caitlyns ulti global?(Re:)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KilianShaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

So i just read thread about making caitlyns ulti a global skill for various reasons and i gotta say after playing the champion allot being excited when she first came out and a love for sniper like champions in general, i do feel that caitlyns ulti is a bit Up

however i dont feel that giving caitlyn an ulti change with no repercussions is fair
that said i felt like brain storming some possible ulti changes and would like the community to help me out a bit

this is what i have so far.

Current ulti: caitlyn will lock onto a target within range after a short channle time will shoot out a shot that will guarantee a hit on the target unless blocked by another champion(enemy)

my change. complete rework.

The ulti is now global. as wanted however is no longer a click cast skill, its a skill shot. cast time is instant and damage is based on the distance traveled (yes similure to ash)

after thinking of this ulti change as i said above the first thing that came to mind was ash.

so how could i make this ulti different? well obviously No cc. that said the dmg would have to go up and would scale with an Ad ratio. but it still feels clechie.

so i thought. well for a sniper rifle anything your not hitting at point blank range would stop the bullet. but what if you ARE at point blank range? so this is what i came up with

[Global skill shot. dmg increases with range. the hit box would be small. scales with Bonus Ad and can crit.(however may only crit the target it doesn't pierce) if the enemy is within Xrange of the target the bullet pierces the target if the bullet pierces a target(s) the dmg of the ulti will be reduced.]

the idea is that you need skill to snipe a target this is a given the dmg would be based on distance. but make it somewhat worthwhile in close combat with the ability to pierce targets at close range. as for the Crit. the idea is that when someone gets hit out of the "periced" range the hit can Crit. the reason for this is to make up for the lack of a hitbox and the low dmg from a close range shot. though this can be changed and modified this is all just for brainstorming

Tl;dr: Decided to set up a brainstorming session for caits ulti . it doesn't matter if your ideas are Op or Up show us your creativity and see what we can do.

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

We have to balance the champion around their kit, not their ulti

Look at Karthus, his ulti gets blocked by BV. Look at Udyr, his ulti sucks.

I really enjoyed reading your thread

Epsi

09-19-2012

why wouldnt you post this on that thread then?

fishnchipsmate

09-19-2012

she's a sniper. she would never miss her target. these would be missed a lootttt. can't be giving cait a bad sniper rep. all cait's ult needs is faster travel time, not freakin 10 seconds for the tank to get in front

KilianShaw

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
why wouldnt you post this on that thread then?
post was huge and the idea was that her ulti needed a change this thread is for that fact. I:e to brainstorm.

KilianShaw

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnchipsmate View Post
she's a sniper. she would never miss her target. these would be missed a lootttt. can't be giving cait a bad sniper rep. all cait's ult needs is faster travel time, not freakin 10 seconds for the tank to get in front

use a gun. just because you want to hit a target doesnt mean you will. even if its a game some part of realism is appreciated. also if you were to just GIVE cait a global ulti you would need to nerf the rest of her kit to make up for how op her ultimate now is. also how would they know its comeing? the animation wouldn't be slow and there wouldn't be a cast time and if there was it would be low.

KilianShaw

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfestopheles View Post

and its true. but all champion global ultis get blocked by Bv. sivirs shield etc. the idea is that caitlyns ulti is just underwhelming and feels weak at times. and as for a sniper haveing a lower ulti range then say some frost archer or a explorer. just doesnt make sense.

Suyasi

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilianshaw View Post
use a gun. just because you want to hit a target doesnt mean you will. even if its a game some part of realism is appreciated. also if you were to just GIVE cait a global ulti you would need to nerf the rest of her kit to make up for how op her ulti is.
Read her lore, she's praised on her marksman ship.

Her character is supposed to bethat she RARELY MISSES if EVER.

Realism in games, ok.

DotEleven

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfestopheles View Post

I think this is a troll after the Udyr statement, but you do know that Caitlyn's ult is also blocked by BV?

KilianShaw

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin Admirer View Post
Read her lore, she's praised on her marksman ship.

Her character is supposed to bethat she RARELY MISSES if EVER.

Realism in games, ok.

And thats fine? i understand that completely. but if you want to get technical what sort of marksmen gets out sniped by someone like ash? shes a marksmen/sniper and her ulti range isnt even that large